“Exceptional food and excellent service!”
Review of Cherry Duck Harbourside Bistro - CLOSED

Cherry Duck Harbourside Bistro
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cherry Duck is a central retreat for those in search of quality food and drinks in a relaxed atmosphere. We prise ourselves in offering freshly prepared local food, elegantly presented, at great value. Our drinks list makes us an ideal venue to enjoy our AL Fresco areas with a sun trap terrace to the front of the venue and benches on the harbour to the rear. Inside we have a top cocktail bar and classy dining space that is unfussy but refined.We are ideally situated within minutes of Bristol's main central attractions which makes us a great place to meet before heading off in to the city, or indeed after a day of sightseeing. Our quality food and beverages and attentive service, offering wine recommendations to match your food and friendly table service have put us in the running for 5 of Bristol's Good Food Awards this year. We are shortlisted for Best Restaurant, Best New Restaurant, Best Wine List, Best Front of House and also our head chef and owner Jack Bain is nominated for Best Chef.We strive to make every visitor to Cherry Duck feel in comfort and ease and are proud to have provided special experiences for so many people.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a wonderful time celebrating a friends birthday. All of the food was absolutely heavenly and beautifully presented. We were a large group and the service was excellent.
Will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank Florence5678

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with my husband as part of a living social deal.

The food was out of this world! ( I agree with the lady in one of the previous reviews who said she wanted to smash her face into the plate it was that good!) I had the pigeon to start, my husband had the steak and they were both superb, the parsnip purée with the pigeon was something special.
For main I had the salmon and my husband had the guinea fowl again both excellent, alot of thought has gone into the flavours of the dish and at times it was like there was a party in my mouth!
Desserts were chocolate fondant and treacle tart with banana sorbet and again these were perfect.

The service was delightful, the waiter suggested wines to go with our meals which i thought was a lovely touch. The waitress was always smiling.

I think I have a new favourite place for dinner...

1  Thank J_MRichings
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We visited the Cherry Duck recently with an online discount voucher. We hadn't heard of it before but it was a good deal and we thought we'd give it a go.

Well, what a treat, The food was absolutely sensational. My partner is vegetarian and is used to the uninspiring vegetarian options that many places serve. However, at the Cherry Duck he had a truffle soup that he thought was one of the best starters he has ever eaten. My meat dish was perfectly cooked and full of flavour. They may need to work on the puddings to bring them up to the same standard, but they are still very nice.

The wine was lovely. We also had cocktails as part of our deal which were ok but I probably wouldn't have them again. Maybe stick to the wine which you clearly are very good at?

The staff were charming and clearly really passionate about the place they worked. It was small and intimate without feeling cramped and there was a good relaxed atmosphere.

One thing we did pick up on from the website is that they seem to be unsure about quite what they're aiming for - restaurant? Cocktail bar? Daytime cafe? It's a little confused. From the evening meal we had there, they've hit the nail on the head with that one.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had the Smokey Bacon Pancakes with extra Maple Syrup on Pancake day and they were delicious!!! Just been today again and had a cheese baguette with lovely chutney and salad which was equally delicious. This is def going to become a regular lunch venue!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The service was brilliant, the cocktails were the best I've ever had and the food was amazing. I would highly recommend it.