“Love this little place!”

The Crepe and Coffee Cabin
Ranked #8 of 68 Coffee & Tea in Bristol
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: This beautiful listed building was once the Bridge Masters toll house, now many, many years later it's the home to 'The Worlds Smallest Coffee Cabin'. What we have lost in space we have made up in comfort and cosiness, we might only have two seats inside and four outside but we have the best view of any cafe in Bristol. If you choose to come and dine with us, then you will only be a short walk away from all the best attractions and museums Bristol has to offer. For example the ferry stop is right on our doorstep, hop on and take a trip around the historic harbour. Being a very small establishment means that you can watch everything being made ask questions or simply sit quietly and watch the world go by. I look forward to meeting you and serving you a fantastic crepe and coffee. Yours sincerely Nigel Ps You can find us on Princes Bridge (Prince St). Also if you are interested we offer a 1hr free coffee training course, this is great for tourists who wish to meet locals drink coffee and learn a new skill. Call me to find out more.
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Love this little place!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I get my morning coffee here most mornings. After a long commute on the train, it is a nice little treat to start the working day with. The coffee is excellent and the staff are always friendly and cheerful. Even when it is peeing (pardon the expression!) down with rain..... It is always understandably busy, and being a tiny little cabin, usually packed with punters. But you can text in advance and get your coffee ready and waiting for you, so you don't have to que. Some days they give you a fact of the day or let you spin the wheel (if your number comes up, you get your money back!). They definitely cheer me up in these gloomy winter mornings. I've had their crepes, and they we're got too.
Lovely place, my favourite coffee shop in Bristol.

• Visited February 2014
Nigel H, Owner at The Crepe and Coffee Cabin, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hi thank you for your review. If you want a little tip, choose number seven on the wheel next time, for some reason it gets stuck there quite often...

See you soon

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Surprised this is Number 1 in Bristol”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited The Crepe and Coffee Cabin today, which has been our intention for some time having read so many wonderful reviews. The two people working there didn't seem to have a clue what the other was doing, and I found myself repeating myself as did the customer waiting behind me. The crepes were fine, but for this to be number one, I expected top quality ingredients. Upon ordering the apple and cinnamon crepe, I received a crepe with a frozen pie type filling. Why not fresh apples? If there's a bit of wastage (which seems to be the excuse of the owner) then work around this and freeze your own homemade apple filling, if you can't stand to cut them fresh on the day... Which would be the best solution for a customer who enjoys apple! The cheese used in the Spinach and Cheese crepe was again of a low quality... given the amount of revenue this little place must pull in, it is a shame they're cutting corners.

We didn't feel particularly welcomed, and the atmosphere was completely lacking between the staff and their customers. It's strange to think this is number one when there are some truly great places in Bristol which leave you feeling like you've just experienced something very special, rather than sub-standard.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Steven M
Nigel H, Owner at The Crepe and Coffee Cabin, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hi
Thank you for your review. We did have problems on Sunday as we were really, really busy, which is good but it did kind of caught us off guard... Cracks started to appear where there aren't normally cracks! Hopefully we will now be better prepared.

With your comments in mind I want to improve the ordering system, so I am going to trial a new idea, each customer will be given a mini menu. They then tick what they want and then hand the card in when paying, this I hope will take the pressure off the staff which will give everyone a better experience.

As the owner of this business I am constantly trying to find new ways to improve the service and products, however I have to balance this against practicality and necessity. Coffee is my passion therefore I have chosen to spare no expense here, we use arguably the best beans from Clifton Coffee and arguably the best milk which is organic, unhomogenised and locally sourced Somerset Dairy.

However when it comes to Crepes my motivation is to provide a quality, affordable and tasty product that appeals to everyone. We make no grand claims, we simply try to do what it says on the tin.

We do not buy the cheapest ingredients and nor do we buy the most expensive we simply produce tasty crepes that people keep coming back for.

I do like the idea of making the apple sauce but it simply is not practical, I'm a father of three children and I have a beautiful but rather demanding wife, if I was to come home and start chopping up apples etc as fast as you can say 'locally sourced' I would find myself sleeping on the sofa...
So just to be clear so long as I am a married man the apple and cinnamon crepe will NEVER be locally source or Organic or hand prepared but I can guarantee it will always taste of apple and cinnamon.

Please come back again, normally its lots of fun and we now have a lovely cheese, pesto, and sundried tomato crepe.

Kind regards

“Free Barista Training”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I took part in the free one hour barista training so I could surprise my girlfriend for Valentine's day. I have to say the owner Nigel is the most passionate person about coffee I have ever met, the steps he goes through to ensure that every customer gets the best cup of coffee he can make for them is amazing. He taught me things about coffee I hadn't even thought about before, for example the exact pressure at which the water is pressed through the coffee to make an espresso (9 bars if you're wondering).

At the end of it my girlfriend was surprised and excited and pleased by the latte I managed to make her.

Also after I surprised my girlfriend we had a crepe each , I had never thought about putting cheese and bacon on a crepe before but it was delicious.

All in all great coffee, great food, and great customer service.

Give the hour long barista training a go and you wont regret it.

• Visited February 2014
Hi thank you for your review. I really really enjoyed spending an hour talking coffee, I only hope you managed to get to sleep after all that coffee...

I'm sure your girlfriend was really impressed with latte you made her. When your next passing please pop in and make me a latte.

Cheers

“lovely atmos”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

took my wife here for a lunch time snack and coffee, both excellent, lovely service and bright bubbly staff. the selection of snacks was very good and we enjoy our two excellent light lunches. Will come back when in area

• Visited January 2014
Hi thank you for your review. When you are next back, maybe try our new cheese, pesto and sundried tomato crepe, yummy

Thanks again

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Genuine, enthusiastic and customer focused.”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The Crepe and Coffee cabin is one of those rare businesses that does everything it can to provide the best customer service possible. If you're lucky enough to get the chance to chat to Nigel (owner), you will be on the receiving end of the most passionate, enthusiastic and accommodating barista in Bristol. The more you go here, the more you'll discover. Ask about the loyalty card, the spinner, the trolls, the barista training course, the text service... Fun, lively and nothing is too much trouble.

• Visited February 2014
Hi thank you for the review. I'm really glad to hear you like what we are doing, if ever you want to find out more you can always come behind the counter and try your hand at coffee making, its lots of fun and only takes one hour.

Kind regards