“Fantastic”

The Lion King at Bristol Hippodrome
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went to matinee performance with my mother. Very busy as lots of schools and coach parties. Great show, fantastic costumes and choreography.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having not seen the show in London, we cannot compare the two. BUT we thoroughly enjoyed this performance in the Hippodrome, Bristol.
In advance I was told that after a while you could not keep in mind that the animals on stage were actually actors. Well, that was very true. I was really taken with the actors ability to portray a wild?? animal like this. Very well done to Actors and the whole company.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Brilliant show even for a 4 year old who was fixed to her seat the whole time. Brilliant show, the sort you want to see on several occassions

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just as good as the London version. I would highly recommend seeing this whenever you get the chance.

The set, and music are brilliant.

1  Thank pm_uk_81
See more reviews
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I have both seen the Lion King twice previously in London, but it was even better in Bristol. The Hippodrome is a wonderful theatre and the cast were excellent, they even tailored some of the story to involve Bristol. Well Done Bristol - let's have more top London shows in our own Hippodrome - There shouldn't be a problem in having a packed house! And bring back The Lion King gain next year - we queued for 105 minutes to get our tickets (we took family so had 8 of the best seats) this time and would do the same again next year if did return to Bristol.