“Our first time and we will be back”
Review of Wilks Restaurant

Wilks Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 1,579 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: French, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to wilks. We are a modern, vibrant restaurant on Chandos road in Redland, Bristol. We offer creative, accomplished cooking at affordable prices, attentive, knowledgeable service from friendly staff and a relaxed, informal dining room. We champion all that it is local; farmers, growers, suppliers, even local artists who show their work in our restaurant. We also offer food for home. Everything you need for your dinner at home; bread, soups, mains, desserts, chutneys, wines and more.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Our first time and we will be back”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife booked us in for my birthday. We had a table for 8pm on a Saturday and it seemed quiet when we arrived so we weren't sure what to expect. I eat out quite a lot and have become quite particular over the years. I was blown away by this place. It started filling up a little while after we arrived and the atmosphere improved greatly. But most of all the food was outstanding. Best scallops I've ever had and the venison was cooked beautifully. My wife was very impressed too. The service was attentive and courteous without being intrusive and the staff clearly knew what they were doing and had a good knowledge of what they were serving. We will certainly book again.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Toddy26

• Polish first
“Fabulous food, imaginative menu and excellent, unobtrusive service. Must be the best restaurant of any kind in the centre of Bri”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We wanted a special restaurant in which to celebrate our daughter's 21st and there seems to be a limited choice - many good pubs, bistros and Indians but not much else if you want something really special. The rather bare and functional restaurant interior disguises a first class dining experience. I cannot recommend it too highly to people who's first priority is interesting and beautifully prepared food. If you're looking for a buzzy, noisy evening you might want to look elsewhere - although it may be unfair to judge it on a wet Thursday night in January!
My daughter and I had sole, my son entrecôte my wife venison - all excuisitely cooked.
A hidden gem!

2 Thank Welm
“Fun Christmas party.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was full when we arrived. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Waiteress very knowledgeable. As boys will be boys our waitress took our jokes lightheartedly.
Very nice venue for any occasion. Will be back soon.

“An excellent restaurant”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Service was good but not intrusive. Food was excellent and the desserts are stunning. A relaxed atmosphere.

1 Thank Barry F
Bristol, United Kingdom
“absolutely stunning”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had high expectations for the champagne and truffle-themed tasting menu with wine pairing on NYE, which you'd think would inevitably mean the bar was set too high...but not on this occasion - only the cheese course failed to get 10/10. Every course was perfectly put together, cooked sublimely, and (unusually for a tasting menu in my experience) the portion sizes were spot-on.The chef got a well-deserved round of applause from the diners. Attention to detail was superb (frosted glasses for the liqueurs, hot or cold milk with the coffee...). I agree with previous reviewers that the atmosphere could be improved - but that is a minor point as the food is to die for. And amazingly we won the NYE raffle and our food came for free! Thanks Wilks for an excellent evening - we will be back.

• Visited December 2012