“Best curry we have had in Bristol”

Coronation Curry House
Ranked #78 of 1,577 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best curry we have had in Bristol”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Walked past this place quite a few times as we live around the corner but we started to hear really great things about it and are both big curry lovers. Went for a meal last night the waiters were really hospitable, the food came out very quickly we had the vegetable platter for starter and Mutton Rogan Josh and Chicken Bhuna for mains. Really impressed with this place best curry we've had in Bristol will definitely become our local curry house.

“Great place”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Just had a really good meal in the Coronation Curry House. Quite an unlikely location - was until recently the Coronation Greasy Spoon (sic) and became a restaurant about a year ago. We had a Hyderabadi Biryani and a Khushboo - a new one to me. We love indian food and eat out quite a lot in Bristol and the flavours here are not the usual Bangladeshi formula, but an attempt to be more Indian. Spoke with the owner and they have a hotel and catering background and a desire to be high quality and a bit unusual. I think they succeed. Thank you....

Bristol, United Kingdom
“A nice addition to the Southville scene”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visited here with three friends from work. The food was great and the service impeccable. The only issue is that as the restaurant stands at the moment, you have to navigate through the kitchen to use the loo. Not ideal as it has a REALLY busy kitchen. Hopefully this will change at some stage, as whilst talking to the owner, he advised that they are planning to move the restaurant upstairs, where there are better facilities, and keep the downstairs area as a bar.

Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Delivery what it promises”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Coronation Curry House.

Driving past recently, liked the look of the place so gave it a try.

It's a Curry House ! You either love or hate the stuff, if Curry is what you want this is the place to eat.

Authentic ? Not really sure what this means anymore, tastes evolve and dishes develop.

The food on offer here is as good as it gets, no nonsense cooking, every dish freshly prepared from first class ingredients.

Do I know what I'm talking about ? I know what I like and love what this place serves, I'm no expert but my wife is, her family from Bombay (sorry Mumbai) Over the years we have eaten Curry together all over the world, I know when she is happy----our evening here made her very happy.

She puts this place high in her top ten of favourite Curry Houses.

The friendly staff all very happy to explain the dishes and very knowledgeable .

• Visited August 2013
Bristol
“Nothing has changed”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The only reason I visited there as other Indian restaurants around Bedminster were fully booked.

I did have an average experience in the past but thought I really fancy a curry.

We were four of us and ordered 2 mains. The guy who took the order looked at us in a strange way.
Food wasn't that special at all, Infact the quality has gone downhill, there is definitely a change of taste from last time. I have started to wonder why do I even bother.

Felt very cozy for all the bad reasons as the people sat next to us kept elbowing us.

• Visited May 2013