“Fab new curry and of course, its in Bedminster” 5 of 5 bubbles

Coronation Curry House
Ranked #70 of 1,556 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
bristol
“Fab new curry and of course, its in Bedminster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Four of us went on a drunken night out. one of us mentioned this new curry house next to the Avon Packet on Corronation Road. We all agreed we could do with some food and head towards the new and highly rated, Coronation Curry House.
Wow! We were blown away with how good the food was. Its not cheap but not pricy. the services is superb but the curry... really; wow!
If you live in bedmo or the surrounding areas, I strongly suggest you try this place. I wont be going anywhere else for a Ruby...

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank kjsilvester

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Quirky Little Resaturant With Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Visited the Coronation Curry House at short notice after seeing it for the first time on here at #1 with nothing but excellent reviews.
I called at 7.30pm to check availability for the same evening, I could here that it sounded very busy & lively in the background, and was very surprised that they could actually fit us in for 9.30pm !
We arrived on time and as expected it was very busy the waiter seated us promptly and was very attentive.
To be completely honest i am not the biggest fan of Indian food but my wife loves it so we do visit a fair few and I must say I will be happy to visit this one again.
Nice cosy atmosphere with background music playing at just the right level (low enough to have a consersation but loud enough to keep it private), clean & tidy with nice decor.
The food was extremely tasty and not too hot/spicy, we had 3 starters between us all were lovely (and not too large portions) both my wife and I took the waiter's recommendations for mains from the Chef's Specials and were both very impressed, then finished up with some very nice desserts.
The waiters were extremely helpful with nothing too much trouble and the service was great even though they were extremely busy.
The only slight minus is the position of the toilet (through the kitchen outside around the back) which apparently is being sorted.
Well done lads keep up the good work.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank BarryBHF
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Picked here once again because of TR and was glad I did. I had a great curry in Kolkata at the Blue Sky a couple of months ago and that was the best we had in India, this was like a re-visit. Not about heat but all about flavour, the young man who served me was brill and highlighted some new dishes so I tried the portobello mushroom starter and the chicken tikka curry both were great. The toilets are through the kitchen which is novel and leaves the cooking open to scrutiny but no need go and sit and taste, very very good.

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Best ever curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We are visiting Bristol from Devon & this is the best curry I've eaten for years. The service was superb, polite & helpful. We would have returned the following night but they were fully booked & I'm not surprised. No one will be dissapointed here.

1 Thank 186254Jane
Poole, England, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I booked a table for 10 on Saturday not only was the food excellent but the staff were extremely friendly and helpful with great suggestions for what dishes to try but the real service came when we tried to book a taxi into town and were told that it would be 45mins! We were given a lift in their own cars into town....yes all 10 of us! I can't tell you how great these people are and highly recommend that you give them a try.