“Shh its supposed to be a secret”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hausbar

Hausbar
Ranked #22 of 150 Nightlife in Bristol
Bristol
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Shh its supposed to be a secret”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Usual pricey cocktails - but very good. Worth ringing ahead to book a table if you are part of a group

Visited September 2012
1 Thank MrsTinckles

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Unfriendly pretentious staff with stilted and boring atmosphere - go to The Colour Inn instead”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have tried Hausbar a couple of times in the past year - attracted to its cult "cocktail" bar status, fab website and well something a bit different in Bristol and the Clifton area. First time enjoyed some very nice cocktails and a hefty bar bill afterwards. Service - the barmen could barely smile almost worrying whether we were the "right" clientele for the bar and perhaps a little too rowdy (we really weren't and if anything the dark and cold atmosphere needed a little laughter and life). Second visit a week or so ago and a visit which prompted me to write this review. Yes the bar may portray a passion for cocktails but the service is far from first class service, the website describes it as "excellent service without the fuss" - well that is clearly true after having arrived at the bar 15 minutes earlier, visited the ladies, had a brief "hello" with friends who had already ordered and sat down to saying cheerio to other friends who had turned up "too late" and were promptly turned away (in truth I believe the waiters took an instant dislike to them for some reason) - I returned to the bar and was promptly told "we've called last orders" - right...so I've been in the bar for 15/20 minutes and all I fancied was something fairly simple, a G&T, white russian perhaps but was outright refused with absolutely no apology just a tight lipped refusal to serve me a drink and even communicate with me. The barman then made 2/3 cocktails from scratch right in front of my face (I was sat at the bar so literally he couldn't have been any closer)...he then dropped the order and had to re-make them - again in front of my face and again without the slightest intention of making me a drink. So thanks Hausbar for letting me use your loo but not letting me order a drink; and serving some of my work colleagues and turning some away. If you are looking for a cocktail bar with friendly staff and somewhere you might actually get served a drink - try The Color Inn or The Milk Thistle - avoid the "bah humbug" Hausbar.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Broomey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best cocktails in Bristol!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Fantastic cocktails, wonderful staff, great atmosphere. One of the best places in Bristol for a quiet, refined, drink. Bit expensive, but what cocktail bar isn't?

1 Thank Felix C