“Tasteless Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Tasteless Food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Ate here 22 Feb-chicken sate deep fried served with tasteless peanut sauce. Tom Kha Gai had no flavour other than stale coconut and chilli oil -ob wun sen -pot roast noodles and veg was wok fried and had minimal veg -the food here bore no resemblance to Thai food and was generally tasteless-there are far better Thai restaurants in Bristol and also much cheaper---avoid.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Sisaket62

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent take-away”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I generally feel that if you review a restaurant on its take-away you might be doing it a dis-service as being put in a plastic container is never going to add to the quality, I decided to write this because it was so good! This was the first time we'd ordered from the Thai Basil and we did so from their website and had it delivered. The menu is good and the options include oft-seen Thai options as well as some adapted Chinese meals.

My chicken Satay was good, although a little salty on the night, when I had it warmed up for lunch a few days later it was fine. My partners Spare ribs were lovely. We had Sweet and sour chicken, beef with lemongrass and Pad Thai, all were excellent and unlike the usual Oriental Take-away, they weren't very greasy or oily and I felt that I had eaten relatively healthily. The flavours were delicate, which is what I expect from Thai food and it was all very enjoyable.

I look forward to going to eat at the restaurant in the new year...

• Visited December 2012