“Something different”
Review of Harveys Cellars - CLOSED

Harveys Cellars
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bristol
“Something different”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited on a Saturday lunchtime, using a Livingsocial voucher. As part of the deal, we were given a welcome sherry, one starter, two mains, one pudding and coffee from a set menu. We paid extra for the sherry and wine flight to accompany our meal.

The food was very nice, and the drinks were very pleasant.

The service was superb, the waiter & waitress looked after us. After we had a little tour of the restaurant - I imagine its a great atmosphere in the evening when full.

• Visited July 2013

Auckland, New Zealand
“Lovely - but thought the old menu was better!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Been to Harveys a few times, and always enjoyed their tapas. They had a nice selection, and did a set price for a number of tapas plates.
They have recently changed their menu, and whilst some of the dishes were a twist on classics, I would think I prefered the old menu - I think I would have given 5 stars if I'd chosen from that on my most recent visit. Still tasty and well worth a visit though.
The staff were friendly and very helpful.
And the sherry cocktails are great!

• Visited June 2013
Cheltenham
“cool reception”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went in yesterday for a birthday celebration, and received a very cool reception when we said we weren't necessarily eating. If she'd been more friendly we might have tried the tapas, but asit was, as sson as we'd finished one sherry she asked us if we were having another, and collected the glasses smartish so we had no option but to leave. There was only one other table occupied, in a gloomy basement, so we wnt out into the sunshine. Thanks, Harveys

Visited June 2013
vancouver
“Tapas and a tipple”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Birthday supper tapas and sherry tasting menu, very good value at £22 a head, just ordered some extra bread but actually it was surprisingly filling and a different sherry with each food sampling. Well informed (and handsome) staff some Spanish which adds to the event!
The night we went there was a DJ on Souldeep this is in the next room, people can come to just this event and pay £3 to get in for a boogie and visit the bar, even as a diner you pay for the music although we got it half price. The music was too loud and actually uncomfortable to stay in the dancing room - good fun for a bit though. Looks like they have some cool events on burlesque evening, salsa etc, great little venue. Just behind the Hippodrome so close by other evening action and by several hotels - we stayed at the Bristol 10 minutes walk away.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Wow - what a hidden gem!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for the first time the other day. I can't confess to being a huge fan of tapas and sherry but now, thanks to this place, I'm an absolute convert. We had a great meal with a delicious selection of tapas and a selection of sherries (a 'flight' no less). I thought I didn't like sherry but this was a real eye opener. Our waiter was very informative and quick to make recommendations where needed. The food arrived promptly and we were extremely well looked after. After the meal we enjoyed some drinks in the adjoining bar area. The whole place, being the old Harvey's Bristol Cream cellars is highly atmospheric and the place was buzzing with a hip and elegant clientele by the time we left. If you want something different, something cool and something to remember - try this place out. We all loved it. I look forward to going again next time we're in Bristol. But shhh! Don't tell anyone!

• Visited May 2013