All reviews fox den abbey wood retail park beans hi express pub next door car park the sofa bed free breakfast air con decent breakfast yogurt budget hotel self service the breakfast area city centre good nights sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed a couple of times for business trips. It's closest to where I need to be. Room is always clean and tidy. Reception staff are friendly. Breakfast lets it down. Food is less than standard expected for £103 per night.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
HIE_BristolNorth, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Tony,
thank you for writing some feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. It's great to see you have been to our hotel prior and have stayed with us again based on our location which is very handy for people working on business. It's good to see our staff were friendly and the room was up to your standards regarding cleanliness. However I am sorry to see you were disappointed with the inclusive breakfast we offer. This is not usually the case for our guests as our breakfast is generally well liked so I am concerned as to what went wrong during your stay. I hope this has not put you off and we can welcome you back in the future and you can enjoy the breakfast much more.

Kind regards
Daniel N,
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed May 10, 2019

I paid £142 for single occupancy for one night. Cooked food at breakfast was unpleasant - odd-smelling bacon, flabby sausages and crumbly pale scrambled egg. I was informed that they only really offer "continental breakfast" of yoghurt, fruit and croissants - the cooked items are a discretionary extra. Not good value for money.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear mikehP8653UP,
thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the inclusive breakfast we offer. The breakfast we have to offer is a continental buffet breakfast which is inclusive in the price, on the continental side we offer fresh yoghurt, fruit compote as well as fresh fruit such as Bananas, Apples and Oranges. As well as muffins, croissants, juice and more. We do offer as an extra 4 hot items which you have listed, but I am sorry that the quality was not up to standard of what is expected from us. This is not usually the case so I am concerned as to what happened on this day in paticular. I will be looking into this further as this is not how we want our guests to walk away feeling.

I hope this has not put you off a future stay, our rates do fluctuate daily and based on current events and variables that are happening in and around Bristol. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards
Daniel N,
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2019

Our Rotary President's Night was held here in the Orchard Suite. A total of 53 Rotarians and their guests and partners gathered together and had a celebration to mark the approaching end to our year.

On arrival I went to the main bar and had to wait quite a while to be served. There were 3 bar staff on duty and three or four customers at the bar but nobody appeared to be able to order and/or pay as all the staff were gathered around the single till seemingly unable to operate it. Eventually I was served.

On moving through to the Orchard Suite about 10 minutes late we were fairly quickly server started which were very ordinary. I had chicken liver pate which was so cold as to be almost tasteless. There was insufficient Melba toast (1 small slice and mine toast was very hard, quite thick and almost devoid of any brown colour.

The main course of port loin was OK but the veg was quite ordinary and a bit short on flavour. The gravy was good and the apple sauce was OK (but it was ice cold and could have been better). The potatoes were good.

My apple crumble dessert wasn't bad at all and the ice cream was good (bit the dish would have been better with custard.

Dancing to a 60-70's disco followed and more wine was bough from the bar, this time I had to wait even longer to be server than the first time. Again the staff just didn't seem to know how to work the till.

The wine was very good (a quite complex Chilean Sauvignon Blanc) server cold from the fridge and in an ice bucket with ice. Tick (at last).

Overall it was distinctly average and I would have expected far better from a 4 star establishment.

Room tip: Didn't stay at this hotel we were at a function
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi MikeyG53,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I am glad to see that our location was the highlight of your stay. I am sorry to learn you did not receive the quality customer service you've come to expect from our bar staff. I have shared your comments with our management teams to be addressed internally.

Again, thanks for your feedback as this helps us better our service. We look forward to serving you again and make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 27, 2019

Would recommend staying at this hotel. On arrival the team on the reception were so welcoming. The room was spotless and kept clean throughout our stay. Breakfast was plentiful and a wide selection of foods (including fantastic quorn sausages). Sainsbury's is close by, which is brilliant. The location is great to either visit Bristol itself or the surrounding attractions e.g. National Trust Dryham Park.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

Welcome on reception was fantastic.
Rooms are ok if a little small for 3 of us. Air con kept us awake even when we had it turned out it kept glugging and waking is up every so often.
Breakfast was basic but great.

Now the major gripe which has been mentioned on other people's reviews about customers misusing the disabled bays.
The markings seem quite clear to me, but perhaps have a sign on a post or on wall in front of space would help those with poor eyesight. And a warning note stating they will be charged a fee of £10 on to their bill if caught flouting the rule.
I hope they don't become disabled like my mother in the future.

Trip type: Traveled with family
HIE_BristolNorth, GSA at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - Filton, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Good Morning,
Thank You for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. It is great to hear that the reception team was welcoming for you, and the breakfast was great. However I am sorry to hear that you did not find a disabled pay, we do try to keep our disabled bays for blue badge holder only, however we are unable to directly enforce this as we are not council owned property. I understand your frustration and I hope we will be able to improve this for your next stay.
Kind Regards,