“Convenient, clean and comfortable.”

Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Hereford
“Convenient, clean and comfortable.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was either hot or cold buffet (or both if you are hungry) with plenty of cereals, fruit etc etc. Wireless worked well. All in all a handy and convenient hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SamEvison, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Ateas,

Thank you for your positive comments and pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast services.

We Welcome you again soon.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Bristol. Arrived a little earlier than the check in time of 2pm. I think we arrived around 12.30pm, the young lady at the reception was more than happy to check us in early. (I think her name was Natalie or Natasha). She let us know about a deal that was happening at franky and bennys where they give 20% off but we have to show the room key to prove we were guests. We were pleased to hear this after realising that the hotel only does pizza.

Room was very clean and it was nice to have a choice of soft or firm pillows and the bed was also very comfy. We had a quiet night.

Breakfast was ok, considering it was a free buffet, although i was not that keen on the scrambled eggs everything else was fine.

It seems the hotel is in a business area as there is not much to do nearby so had to take taxis as we didnt want the hassle of travelling by bus into the city and getting lost. We asked a lady called Magna at the reception to book us a taxi which she did and was also very helpful with suggesting places to visit in bristol and also pointed out some leaflets located opposite the reception.

If we visit Bristol again we will consider staying here again. We had a wonderful stay and all the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear SB Gatenberg

We value your feedback and the team are happy to read that you found the staff to be helpful and knowledgeable. With more choices of restaurants near by we like to offer our guests the exclusive 20% discount for Frankie and Benny's. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed this offer as well as our free continental, and hot option breakfast buffet.

Kind regards
Kings Lynn
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel twice, spanning 2 weeks in all while on courses at Abby Wood. The hotel is clean, neat and rooms are your average Holiday in style, neat and tidy and well looked after. The reception staff are extremely helpfull.
Only one bug bare was during my second stay. The internet access in my room worked for 5 days and then stopped. Reception attempted to rectify this with a Wifi upgrade, to no avail. I believe it is the position of my room, top floor, end of corridor, so if you want good Wifi, go bottom or middle floor, centre of house.

Room Tip: As i said, if you want good Wifi, go bottom or middle floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Regslicker, Thank you for your recent review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, The team will be very pleased to hear your comments, I am sorry that you had trouble with the Free Wi-Fi, you should be able to use the Wi-Fi in all the bedrooms, please let us know the next time you stay and we will ensure this isn't an issue for you again. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here on business - it's a functional sort of place, rooms are small but perfectly functional for an overnight. Breakfast is the basic HI Express fair. It's expensive for what it is but Bristol North seems under supplied with hotels so I guess they can get away with it. I looked at staying again the following week but it was £138 which I thought was too much - I stayed at the Premier Inn a few miles away instead and got more for a lot less.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Geoff, Thank you for your feedback, We are indeed located in an area where there is high demand for hotel rooms, as we are not in the city, there are only a few other hotels in the area. You can find the best deals on our IHG website where we offer advance saver rates, the more in advance you book the cheaper the bedroom. We do offer Free breakfast, Wi-Fi and Car parking with all of our rates which some of our competitors cannot offer, I do hope you will visit the hotel again in the future. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Hotel was fine, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was simple, but its what you need if you want something simple.

Air conditioning was noisy in my room, but if you open the window the surroundings are noisy. The hotel is surrounded by busy roads, and getting to the hotel at rush hour can be delayed by 30 minutes; Bristol has a problem with traffic congestion at this location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the roads
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest, I am sorry the air conditioning was noisy in your room, when you stay again please let us know if there is a problem and we can change the room for you or let maintenance check the air con unit in your room. Unfortunately the roads can be quite busy at times in the area,
Thank you for your feedback and I do hope you will stay again in the future. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Very comfortable rooms, quiet, clean and well equipped. I didn't eat in the evening but breakfast was a bit of a let down with choice limited to cereals, very basic continental, beans, scambled egg and sausage. Good Wi-Fi and parking but expensive for what it was. Greta staff, very helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Seapirate, Thank you for your comments, It's great to hear you found our rooms comfortable, the staff will be delighted to hear your comments about them. I am sorry that you felt let down by the breakfast. We do offer the 'free express breakfast' at our hotel which is continental breakfast with hot options. Unfortunately we do not offer the full English breakfast. Thank you again for your review. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager.
Gosport
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stay in hotels every week while working away from home, this week I decided to pay a little more than I usually do and stay here at the Holiday Inn Express. Compared to how much this place usually costs, £85 B&B is actually cheap! It is easy to get to, plenty of parking, free wifi and my room was perfectly adequate and nice and clean. But - when I went for dinner I had a choice of pizza or a snack from the vending machine! How strange that a 'proper brand' hotel can't even serve an evening dinner choice? I then remembered when I stayed at one before they had a selection of takeaway menus to order from (which to be honest worked fine). So back out into the rain to the pub next door - "have you booked a table? No? In that case you'll just have to wait, and I can't tell you how long for". So now a longer walk in the rain to the nearby retail park - McD's, Nandos, Asda or Frankie & Benny's (where you get a 20% discount). All I wanted was a quick bite to eat before getting my head down after a long day with a very early start. Not good enough, I won't be back.

Room Tip: Don't get the one next to the lift like I did.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Erica S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Steve, Unfortunately we do not offer dinner in our hotel. The Holiday Inn Express brand is not a full service hotel, but we can offer take away menus or the various food outlets adjacent to the hotel. I am sorry that you couldn't get a table at the pub though as they do get quite busy there. Our rooms can be more expensive because there is a high demand in North Bristol for hotel rooms, but if you book in advance on our website you can pay less with the advance purchase rates. I do hope you will visit us again. Kind Regards, Erica Stoodley, Deputy General Manager