Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$110
$62
  • Restaurant
Novotel Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
$112
$93
  • Breakfast included
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$82
$106
$81
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Bristol South Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$73
PremierInn.com
$52
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfox denabbey woodretail parkpub next doorbeanshi expresspub restaurantcar parkthe sofa bednice pubring roadfree breakfastcribbs causewaydecent breakfastair conself servicebudget hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Clean but basic business style hotel. Has no restaurant but the annex pub serves reasonable fayre. Rooms clean but already dated for a relatively newly built hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in August. The car park was very busy, check in was fast, room was very clean, basic facilities, bathroom is compact with no bath. Kettle, tea and coffee provided. Sadly no trouser press. No noise from neighbouring rooms at night. Room service was good. Breakfast was plentyful and good quality. Check out was efficient. There is not much to do nearby though there is a busy pub accross the behind the hotel which serves good food. The negatives: the room key card kept stopped working twice. TV was small and only a few channels available. other than that it was fine.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jbdiggerman
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a typical holiday inn express designed to give you a nice clean room for a night or two on business. Definatly not designed for a holiday but no express is. The rooms are large and clean with simple furniture (all you need). Very quiet despite being next to a busy road. Car park had plenty of space. Staff are very friendly and helpful. You get what you pay for and this is good value for the price.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed here on business for two nights which is the limit really as the Hotel is very basic, with no facilities apart from a bar area with TV. The free WiFi was most welcome and helped pass the time. The rooms were very clean and well kept with fresh towels everyday somethingthat you do not see in many hotels. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The hotel is close to all the main areas be it a short taxi journey or train ride, you can park the car up and forget about it. Not a bad stay at all.

Oh I thought the breakfast was adequate for my needs well presented and plentiful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Gadgetmonsteruk
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I am writing this review much later than anticipated due to waiting on a reply to an official complaint I made on behalf of my self and group of 28 others. I am one half of the organising team that bring approximately 25-35 people from cork and waterford to Badminton Horse Trials each year for 3/4 nights. We have stayed at this hotel for the last 7 years and could not find a fault with it or its staff from year to year. Angela, Magda and the Team at this hotel are a credit to any company.

Up to now we always ate at the restaurant - The Fox Den-that is situated on the grounds of the hotel. Again we never had a problem with the food or service in previous years. This year however we were treated with with total disrespect and unprofessional conduct from the current manager of this premises.

There was a group of 10 sharing a table and at the end of the meal this manager told us to pay individually. She stood a table away from us and shouted at us regarding our food and drink payments. We never got a bill which was very odd at the time, and I found her behavior both insulting and embarrassing to my self and my group and all the looker ons from other tables. After a few payments we were then wavered to the till to pay and the manager still shouting for payment. I waited till every one had finished to make a complaint and then the manager lost it. I wont go into detail.I would like to say at this point that we had no issues with the service or quality of food presented. My only issue was with the manager.When I tried to make my complaint online, I couldn't as we do not have post codes in Ireland and the form would not accept it, so had to physically post a complaint. I received my reply last week from Vintage Inns stating the we were not allowed to enter their premises again.

I am very sad to hear this news. As a group we spend approximately £30 -£40k each year between the hotel, restaurant and at badminton, not to mention taxi , bus and retail premises. I was also very sad to see that the letter I received was not even signed by the proposer but "pp." instead. And I am very sad that we will not be staying at his hotel again purely because of the situation this restaurant "the Fox Den" has put us in. Some of the Irish event team were with us this year and were delighted with it, but alas they have now lost them and their sponsors as well. Very sad, very sad indeed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends