“Good location and good value hotel”

Novotel Bristol Centre
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

There are newer reviews for Novotel Bristol Centre

Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked this hotel on a room only basis based on price and previous customers reviews. It suited us as a base while we attended the GB Special Olympics that were held in Bath and Bristol. It was quite central without being right in the middle of the city. I cannot say just how close it is to the centre as we travelled most days to Longwell Green or to Bath. It is very close to Bristol Temple Meads station. It is clean and pleasant with nice rooms and very helpful staff. It has been nearly 30 years since I have been in Bristol and although the city has changed the traffic congestion seems to be as bad as ever.

We were offered an upgrade to an Executive room for £15 per night which got us an 'Executive' room with free Wi-Fi and free movies. We accepted the upgrade but initially had some problems connecting to the hotel Wi-Fi which was eventually sorted with the help of the front desk staff. In the end we didn't make much use of the free films so the upgrade was probably unnecessary but the room on the 3rd floor was quite pleasant.

You need to complete a health questionnaire before getting to use the gym and sauna but we didn't make use these facilities either.

The under the building car park is hard to find, small, difficult to manoeuvre in and expensive at £10 per day, although you can take your car out as often as you want. The food is very expensive with breakfast costing an eye watering £14 per person.

There is an excellent large Wetherspoons Bar, The Knight Templar just a few minutes walk away with an excellent range of meals available all day. A full English breakfast costs approximately £3.20 and nice main meals as little as £5. To get there you turn left out of the hotel, cross the roundabout and follow the road along the side of Temple Meads until you reach a MacColls, Starbucks and a Phillpotts. The Wetherspoons is just past them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Other guests may wish to note that Wifi is now free of charge for all guests, and breakfast inclusive rates are usually available which offer savings compared to the full price. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed September 2, 2013

except for a small mishap in your resturant my stay was very good.
One male staff seems to be not very welcoming. except for 4 other people in the resturant he was did not let me have what I requested until when I was almost finshed my breakfast. Also can I suggest that you speak to your chef about the veg sausages that you serve for breakfast are use for main meal. Quorn breakfast sausages are best for breakfast. I am staying again very soon.
CAN I ALSO SAY THAT ON MY ARRIVAL I REQUEST SOME HELP BECAUSE OF MY DISABILITIES AND I WAS TOLD THAT NO STAFF WAS AVAILABLE AND THAT THERE WAS ONLY TWO STAFF ON SHIF.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your specific feedback which I will share with the relevant members of my team, however please do accept my sincere apologies for the response you received to your request for help. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have come to the Novotel a number of times before. I like the ambiance and its convenient location, but the reason I come back is the staff. I would like to note that every staff member I encountered was welcoming and professional. While everyone does a fantastic job, this time, the stand out member of a stand out staff was the Polish restaurant hostess who made me feel like a VIP from the moment I approached the restaurant. For me, it is the people who make the experience and, in this, the Novotel has it right.

Room Tip: There is some noise if you face the street. For a quieter room, ask not to be on the side that face...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelBristolCentre, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and comments about our staff, which I will ensure has been shared with the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel is easy to find and parking was no problem.
I had a lovely room and there some nice touches including free wifi and a free PC and printer in reception.
The let downs were the bar prices; i don't even pay those prices in London and the restaurant where half of the dishes seemed to be off.
I'd stay here again but I'd just eat and drink elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry that some of the dishes were unavailable at the time you dined with us, however I am pleased that in other respects you enjoyed your stay with us. Tim Howes, General Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Room not as described.
Second room not much better.

Pls actually present the rooms that people have booked, much easier.

After the event, friends recommended elsewhere, ah well next time eh.... Hindsight

Room Tip: What you see, may not be what you get, beware
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Can I assure all our guests that we aim for all our room descriptions on our own website to be 100% accurate, but I would be pleased to receive direct feedback if this is not the case, so that I can deal with it constructively. Tim Howes, General Manager