“Excellent Hotel”

Novotel Bristol Centre
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hotel is in a great position. Our room was nice, good size and the pull out bed for the kids was really sturdy and comfortable. Bathroom was quite small but served its purpose. We had interconnecting door with in laws who had an executive room which was lovely, larger bathroom and robes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TimHowes, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I was very pleased to read your comments, thank you for taking the trouble to share your opinion with other guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Tim Howes, General Manager
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I chose this hotel becase it is close to all the action and also has a car park. I paid £77 for a double room for a Saturday night, and the parking is an additional £10 for 24 hours. The hotel is aprox. 10 minutes to the shopping centre and aprox. 15 mins to the main strip of pubs/bars. There are also places to eat and drink on the same street if you are looking for something a bit quieter. When we checked in we didn't actually realise that there was a spa we could use which was included in the price, so remember to take your swimming suit. The bar was nice and is open until 1 if you don't feel like venturing out. As a couple we found this hotel perfect for us, and also slept like babies :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the hotel and for your positive comments, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be ideal for your visit to Bristol. Tim Howes, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went with my wife and 3 month baby for a night. We stayed in the Executive room. The room was really niceI must say that the staff was the most helpful lot I have ever come across. I had to go out for work. The staff actually helped my wife with the luggage. The bar was good and decent priced. Parking was easy and rooms excellent. I didnt go for the buffet.

Room Tip: Executive room was excellent with a slightly early check in. Definitely recommended.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I was delighted to read your review and your comment that our staff are the most helpful you have come across is much appreciated, I will of course share this with my team. Tim Howes, General Manager
Warwickshire
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stay here fairly regulary on business and it's my preferred choice. Easy walk from the station, with good bars and pubs nearby if you do want to venture out.
Rooms are very comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Have always had excellent food in the hotel - the buffet is especially good.
Recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Johnno64
TimHowes, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your very positive feedback, naturally I am delighted that we are your preferred hotel in Bristol. Tim Howes, General Manager
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've just returned from another stay at this hotel for a conference through work and again, they did us proud.
The staff and service is always to a very standard, they really know how to look after people.
My only negative comment about this hotel is that I don't find the beds too comfortable, but saying that, everyone is different.
The food was excellent as always, especially the breakfast on this visit which was cooked to order instead of the normal buffet style, I imagine this was because the hotel wasn't that busy this visit.
I'll also have to mention the fabulous different ideas they have to make each visit special.This visit they made us up a small 'sweet shop' for our afternoon break. See the photo below. A really nice touch, thank you very much. The delegates loved it - and yes, they were all adults!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, it is a real pleasure for my staff and I to receive such possitive feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed the sweet shop - we will be keeping that in place for our conference guests as it has been very positively received. Tim Howes, General Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I regularly stay in Bristol for work, and like to try different hotels each time I visit. This is one of the nicest I've stayed at in the last few months. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable.

The restaurant & bar areas are very clean and relaxing. Food is great - the duck here was possibly one of the nicest meals I've ever had!

Will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you had such a good meal in our restaurant - hotel restaurants rarely receive positive reviews so this is very much appreciated. Tim Howes, General Manager