“Good, well-cooked, homely Italian food.”
Review of Salvatore's Kitchen - CLOSED

Salvatore's Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Salvatore’s Kitchen is for everybody to experience real Italian family food and everything that goes with it - sharing with family and friends and enjoying fresh food made using the best quality ingredients.We want to create an atmosphere where you can bring your loved ones to relax and enjoy affordable, authentic Italian dishes - dishes that have been passed down through generations.
Reviewed June 7, 2012

On the strength of the reviews here we went up the road to this new local restaurant to see if we agreed. We never went to the previous Italian restaurants on this site - put it down to bad experiences a long time ago and negative reports from friends. So we were dubious.

However it was a very pleasant experience. The service was charming, if a trifle over-attentive, but that's a good fault. The Parmigiana ordered by my mother, who orders it wherever she sees it on the menu, and who dines out at Italian restaurants regularly, was pronounced possibly the best she'd ever had (although she left the inexplicable side order of spaghetti - bit odd...) Pizza and pasta was lovely, well-cooked, well-seasoned and with a flavoursome green salad. My 15 year old, not very hungry, daughter asked if she could order from the children's menu, which was generous.

GREAT COFFEE - smooth, rich and just the right temperature!!!! This may seem like a small thing to many others out there, but for someone like me and my partner, it is amazing how often a good meal is ruined by mediocre coffee. Too often it is an afterthought, yet this is the memory that lingers in the mouth when you leave.

I hope they do well - they deserve to. We shall definitely be back. Another good local restaurant minutes walk from our home.

5  Thank ninakent

Reviewed June 5, 2012

On previous visits to Bristol as a family we dined at Amicis - always good value and excellent choices. We visited it in its new incarnation and the staff were very friendly and obliging, however apart from a pizza that one member of the family ordered everything else was disappointing. I had to return my aubergine dish as it was way too oily! The specials were not displayed and therefore unwittingly one was ordered which was way overpriced, The staff were very apologetic and accepted my criticism of my dish and deducted the bill accordingly - will I return? Not sure yet - maybe in 6 mths time.

3  Thank Teresa B
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Traditional Italian service and food ! Very very pleased !!

6  Thank CarolinaGianna
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Went here for dinner with my boyfriend on a Thursday evening and was overwhelmed by how fantastically friendly the staff were. The place looked nice and definitely an improvement on Amici's.
When looking at the menu there wasn't a huge amount of choice. Nothing exciting particularly jumped out of the menu. The pizza toppings were even extremely limited. Unfortunately food wise this place falls into the trap many do, believing Italian is simple and easy to make in an authentic manner...and unfortunately fails. Our starters were nice enough. They arrived very quickly and one was slightly cold, which implies they were microwave reheated. My boyfriend had the carbonara, which was definitely nice enough, but not mind blowing. The pizza was incredibly bland, with very little flavouring to the base. We did not order dessert, as the choice was very limited and later it came to light none were homemade, but all frozen bought.
This place has a great atmosphere, and fantastic staff that have worked so hard. However, it is not authentic Italian food and merely a standard high street version of it. Better than Amici's, worth a visit, but don't expect too much if you actually appreciate good, authentic cuisine as this is merely a replica.

2  Thank mim0mame
Reviewed May 14, 2012

my boyfriend and I visited Salvatore's on sunday and the food was authentic of Italian food I had Pizza which was full of flavour and my boyfriend had ribeye steak which was of the best quality and cooked perfectly. The family also bought out a traditional family dish to taste it was delicious.. I met the owner Salvatore who was happy to come and talk to us about the dishes he prepares. Due to this experience . I made a second visit with my friends and daughter to celebrate her 18th today and the food once again was excellent. when it comes to being looked after this family know what they are doing thank you.

5  Thank llewellyn p