“Excellent location”

Ranked #12 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Bristol
Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
“Excellent location”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in Premier Apartments St Thomas Place Bristol for 6 nights. The one bedroom apartment was clean and nicely furnished. The kitchen, although tiny, was very nice. There's a microwave, electric hob, washer/dryer and dishwasher. The bathroom was spacious enough. Bedroom is fine, spacious wardrobe, although the mattress could have been better. The only negative thing about the apartment was the very bad tv reception. Having lived in England for many years we were looking forward to watching some of our 'favourite progammes'. We told the staff that most of the time we had no reception at all, but nothing was done about it. Also, you have to pay separately for WiFi and parking. A big advantage of staying in these apartments is the location. Very close to the railway station and the city centre. All in all we had a pleasant stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda and Bert K
premaptsbristol, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Bristol Redcliffe, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write the review of your stay. I apologise for difficulties encountered with the TV, unfortunately this was an issues in the area not related to ourselves although we did have two separate contractors check our equipment to make sure. We are glad you enjoyed the apartments overall and hope to see you again.

Justin Bedford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Myself and my children have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Premier Apartments at Bristol Redcliffe. All I can say was what a fabulous break. We had booked a two bedroomed apartment. As this was the first time I had taken my children alone on holiday, I was nervous to say the least, but on arrival my nerves vanished. The reception staff especially Anna King made us feel welcome and remembered our reservation and requests made. On entry to the apartments it surpassed expectation. Clean, fresh and tidy and more than adequate. The apartments are centrally based and for someone who has not been to Bristol for over 13 years, they are in the most convenient position for all amenities, so much so that my children have asked can I buy an apartment there for them;). Will definitely be returning here on our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to this review of your stay. I have passed your kind comments on to Anna also who is delighted to have been mentioned in person. We look forward to welcoming you and the children back.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend were looking for a lovely weekend away in Bristol, we saw this hotel with really good price - £135 for 2 nights and this included en-suite bathroom, kitchen with all accessories etc compared to £120 for 2 nights in travelodge that only has a bed and bathroom.

Upon our arrival, we checked in - we paid an extremely ridiculous, rip-off price of £24 for 2 nights parking space but at this stage, we didn't care because we were looking forward to a good weekend laid out ahead of us. We went out shopping for food to bring back to hotel to cook and we found out that the freezer doesn't work, so I went down to the receptionist and complained. They apologised and moved us to a different bedroom, I was happy to do this. When we arrived in our second room, we found out the freezer is working (PERFECT) but there lacked equipments such as baking tray or frying pan etc. Annoyed with this, I went back to the old flat and got the frying pan and baking tray.

In the morning, went for a shower - the shower was low and hanging off the wall! Ridiculous! The tap water was not clean either, it was dirty and I was so shocked. All in all, I think the hotel needs a massive refurbishment!

The only upside I could think about this was the extremely big and comfortable bed which I wanted to take home with me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anon9211
premaptsbristol, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Bristol Redcliffe, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I was most disappointed and sorry to read your comments especially regarding the freezer and kitchen equipment, which we have replaced. As our location is within the City Centre parking is a chargeable extra, this is explained on all booking channels. We keep the charge for our parking competitive with the local area although it is onsite and a gated area.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to call myself.

Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The appartments were in a great location but for the luxury price we paid we did rather expect a luxury appartment - We've paid much less for far better elsewhere. It was tired and shabby with no character. The washing machine was broken and I had to use one in another flat.
We also had to pay an extra £25 for Wifi and £12 a night for parking.
We spent another depressingly British week feeling like we'd been fleeced and not really got our moneys worth.
Try and find somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I was most disappointed and sorry to read your comment especially regarding the washing machine, which we will be replacing if required. Our WiFi and parking are both chargeable extras, this is explained on all booking channels. We keep the charge for our parking competitive with the local area although it is onsite and a gated area.

essex
Reviewed March 11, 2013

well what can i say was new fresh and clean as clean can be there was not 1 roblem at all! perfect location and was quiet. a very profesinal service with top notch appartments thanks so much for making our stay the best 110% recomended

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our apartments. We hope you have a reason to return to Bristol in the future. Your feedback is much appreciated. We also wish you luck winning the Lotto!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I along with our 20 yr old son stayed in a two bedroom apartment for our city break. The apartments are in an excellent central location within walking distance of shops and sights. They are modern clean and spacious and have everything you need including a washing machine! The staff are very friendly and helpful. We were lucky enough to get a parking space (£12 per 24hrs) but I would suggest pre booking as there are limited spaces. We would definitely use them again

Room Tip: the apartments are off the main road so all fairly quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our apartments. The feedback is much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night, good location, well furnished and good equipped kitchen. Very clean, comfortable bed. Book ahead for parking as this is limited and all parking on street is metered. Central shopping area about 15mins walk, St Nicholas market about 10mins, St Mary Redcliffe about 5mins. There is a Tesco express on Victoria St which is about 5-7mins walk from alts.
Our stay was spoilt however as there is construction work going on which neither the booking agent or Premier apts informed us about. We were woken up early the next morning to the sound of banging etc and felt we had to leave early as it was obvious we were not going to get any peace. When I raised this prior to check-out the general manager was not willing to talk with us as he had reports to write!!!
This work has been going on since January and is still continuing, guests are still not being informed prior to booking.

Room Tip: As there is still construction work being carried out, you may want to discuss this before you decid...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
premaptsbristol, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Bristol Redcliffe, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review. I have however also emailed you direct previous to see this post:-

Unfortunately I wasn’t available when you did depart as I was on hold on the telephone dealing with another matter for my other location in Bristol. I would have like to have discussed this with you personally, however couldn’t which was a frustrating as I could hear you checking out.

We are currently undergoing some small works within the apartments at Bristol Redcliffe to improve the apartments for the future. Currently we are having the bathroom floors in each apartment replaced. Whilst there is some noise this work is essential and the noise is reduced to only 3 hours per week when the floors are coming out. Depending on progress it is unfortunately difficult to pinpoint when this will be.

Regards