“Superb!”

Tinto Lounge
Ranked #275 of 1,765 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Tinto Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were reccommended to visit this place by someone that lives close by. It did not appear to be anything special from the outside, but as soon as we walked through the door it was clear this place was something a bit special. It was set out in a very quirky way, with mismatching comfy furnature and a relaxed cosy atmosphere. It was bustling, with some people enjoying a quiet cup of tea, others with their laptops out, and more enjoying the food.

There was a large selection of teas and coffees, and also alcohol. Teas came in great red spotty tea pots of generous size.

You went to the bar to order food which was written up on a few of the walls as well as menus. I chose a delicious salmon and crayfish burger which was beautiful. My partner had a different vegetarian burger which was equally as nice. There were starter, main or snack options, with a good selection for vegetarians. The menu had some options that were not standard eats, and we would definately go back to check them out.

This place seems to be busy morning, lunch or dinner, and rightfully so. Staff were friendly and the toilets were very clean.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We are regular visitors to Tinto Lounge on Gloucester Road in Bristol. We love going for coffee and the most fruity toasted tea cakes! Brunch is great once you have made your choice from so many great dishes. My favourite are 'Lounge Eggs' - bagel, crispy bacon poached eggs & hollandaise!
Going for supper presents the same problem of choice! Just what to choose - from their regular burgers, tapas or ciabattas or one from the specials board! On our last visit we had pork belly and a vegetarian lasagne - both of which were scrummy!
You can always rely on a welcome and a great atmosphere whatever time of day you visit. Our only disappointment is that you can't book a table but that doesn't stop us going to see if there is one!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Went here on Wednesday night with my wife and a friend. I really like this place normally, and have been quite a few times. We've eaten here several times, and I've always been impressed with the food on offer and the service; but this time we just went for a late evening drink. After a couple of pints, I offered a last drink and, although I didn't have one myself, the others accepted, so I went up to the bar. To be fair to them, I was told they were closing in fifteen minutes (which was strange as it was ten to eleven), which kind of put me in a difficult position - I could hardly say no we won't bother after the others had said they wanted another drink, so I bought the drinks and headed back to our table. It seemed like the waitress was on the scene pretty soon afterwards asking us to drink up. The next ten minutes were an unpleasant war of attrition - drinks were rushed and we left, more than a little peeved. I sympathise with poorly paid bar staff at closing time, but it's simple - if you sell someone a drink (and it's not cheap), give them enough time to drink it in a pleasant environment (not one where you are made to feel unwelcome). If you can't wait that extra few minutes, don't sell people drinks. We went to the Tinto because it is a pleasant environment; we left thinking I'd rather have had a glass at home. Come on - pubs are in trouble, to bring people through the door treat them right! I could have saved a good few quid and a lot of hassle by having a drink at home. Pity!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Have been here on several occasions - nice ambiance, good food, good service, however this all changes at closing time. You order your drinks just before 11 pm and a few minutes later you begin to get harassed into finishing your drinks. Chairs are noisily stacked up on tables all around you and the front doors are opened to allow in icy blasts whilst you are trying to enjoy your final drink. Foul smelling chemicals are sprayed onto the surrounding tables, making you feel most unwelcome. The bar maid flits past several times to make it obvious she would rather be on her way home. This poor customer service has not been apparent at other loungers we have been to. This has happened several times at the Tinto Lounge. Very poor customer service! Thanks for your money, now disappear.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Ate at this place twice. Good atmosphere and food (had the 8oz burger both times), decent beer on tap, friendly staff. Also a good place to relax with a coffee. Well worth a visit.