“Delicious food and lovely staff”

Pepenero Italian Fast Food & Pizzeria
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I came here with my partner as I got very excited to see real vegan choices for starters, mains AND pudding! We both had pizzas (the vegan cheese was so good, we wondered if it there'd been a mistake!), side salad and soft drinks and it was absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced. Our waitress was very friendly and the service was perfectly timed. Unfortunately, we were too full to fit in a round of vegan puds. I guess, we'll just have to come extra hungry next time around...and there definitely WILL be a next time around. :o)

1 Thank Catherinelucy5556

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not the usual fast food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Last night I went to this little place with my brother and my best mate and we were hugely impressed when we had a look at the menu. More than 30 pizzas and they are not like the ordinary ones. I'm vegan and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw on the menu other vegan dishes like cannelloni and lasagna. I had the latter and was so so tasty! My brother (veggie person) had a mediterranea pizza with hummus and aubergine and my friend (meat lover) went for a pepenero pizza. They said that have never had a delicious pizza like that. We had a chat with the staff (who make you feel at home) and we talked about the prices and they told us that they increased them for 2 reason, due to the VAT and for the ingredients which are now organic! Fair enough. Guys this place rocks and I now can't wait to move in Bristol!

1 Thank moon s
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“It was alright”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food was nice but not spectacular. The one thing I wanted to try more than anything on the menu, the wholemeal pizza base, was unavailable when I went. The price wasn't as cheap as indicated on tripadvisor.

The restaurant does look and feel like a fast food restaurant so if it is fine dining you are after this is not for you.

I would not revisit unless I wanted to buy a slice of pizza after a night out.

2 Thank LiverpoolSt
London, United Kingdom
“Real pizza and friendly place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We nearly did not enter as my wife thought this was just another fast food place. But glad we did, as the pizza was the best I had in the UK so far, usually I am quite disappointed as I always compare to the pizzerias in Germany, which are usually family run by Italians. Together with the salad to share the meal was a real feast and the service friendly on top. If we had such a place where we live, I would be very happy and come regularly to try more.

2 Thank SpinyLondon
luisa m, Public Relations Manager at Pepenero Italian Fast Food & Pizzeria, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our plan for this 2013 is to make our business growing and try to open another Pepenero in London.

Thanks
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very speedy service and amazing pizzas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had a pizza delivered- delicious! Really thin so you can taste all the flavours (unlike those doughy ones from other takeaways), including the really nice chilli oil which was on my pizza. It came very quickly and the price wasn't too bad either. A definite find, no more Domino's for me!

• Visited November 2012