“not the usual fast food”

Pepenero Italian Fast Food & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not the usual fast food”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Last night I went to this little place with my brother and my best mate and we were hugely impressed when we had a look at the menu. More than 30 pizzas and they are not like the ordinary ones. I'm vegan and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw on the menu other vegan dishes like cannelloni and lasagna. I had the latter and was so so tasty! My brother (veggie person) had a mediterranea pizza with hummus and aubergine and my friend (meat lover) went for a pepenero pizza. They said that have never had a delicious pizza like that. We had a chat with the staff (who make you feel at home) and we talked about the prices and they told us that they increased them for 2 reason, due to the VAT and for the ingredients which are now organic! Fair enough. Guys this place rocks and I now can't wait to move in Bristol!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank moon s

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“It was alright”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food was nice but not spectacular. The one thing I wanted to try more than anything on the menu, the wholemeal pizza base, was unavailable when I went. The price wasn't as cheap as indicated on tripadvisor.

The restaurant does look and feel like a fast food restaurant so if it is fine dining you are after this is not for you.

I would not revisit unless I wanted to buy a slice of pizza after a night out.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank LiverpoolSt
London, United Kingdom
“Real pizza and friendly place”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We nearly did not enter as my wife thought this was just another fast food place. But glad we did, as the pizza was the best I had in the UK so far, usually I am quite disappointed as I always compare to the pizzerias in Germany, which are usually family run by Italians. Together with the salad to share the meal was a real feast and the service friendly on top. If we had such a place where we live, I would be very happy and come regularly to try more.

2 Thank SpinyLondon
luisa m, Public Relations Manager at Pepenero Italian Fast Food & Pizzeria, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our plan for this 2013 is to make our business growing and try to open another Pepenero in London.

Thanks
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very speedy service and amazing pizzas”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had a pizza delivered- delicious! Really thin so you can taste all the flavours (unlike those doughy ones from other takeaways), including the really nice chilli oil which was on my pizza. It came very quickly and the price wasn't too bad either. A definite find, no more Domino's for me!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Raquelita89
Bristol
“Vegan food, helpful staff”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have been dying to go to this place since moving to Bristol a few months ago and I can't seem to find the time. However, me and my partner did pop in the other day for a takeaway lunch and with this I was extremely pleased. I had the bap with cheezly, facon rashers, aubergine and mushroom and it was delicious. I wish we could have stayed to sample the pizzas and I'm sure we will be asap! Friendly staff and helpful although I was slightly disappointed that the roll wasn't toasted enough and could have done with some olive oil but I think that they may have thought we were in a rush to leave! They also have vegan cake on offer and obviously their vegan pizzas that I am dying to try! Recommend highly!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank rainbowmoonfish
luisa m, Guest Relations Manager at Pepenero Italian Fast Food & Pizzeria, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I would like to start saying many thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that your panino wasn't toasted as you wanted and no olive oil was in it. I do apologise for that but I promise that you will not be disappointed next time. I hope to see you soon. Ciao.