1,532 results
All reviews roll top bath monsoon shower sugar house free standing bath loft suite walk in shower huge shower lovely hotel standard room sunday night limited parking birthday treat beautiful room coffee machine mini bar eggs benedict colston hall
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

Plus points excellent service across the stay.

Bar is excellent - and open 24 hours.

We had a standard room, which had a great bathroom, lots of space, big bath, great walk in monsoon shower.

Minor issues - sleeping area in our standard room had a few issues. Its in a historic building which creates some compromises. Tight spaces between the bed and other furniture, sloping ceiling very close to the bed. Room needed more power sockets.

I suspect if we'd had a more expensive and hence bigger room would have been five stars.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AndrewT4519, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear LondonM,

Thank you very much for your balanced review it is very much appreciated

Reviewed May 13, 2019

If there is a better hotel to stay at in Bristol, better staff, better rooms, better ambience, better value, better quality, better service, then I wouldn’t bother to look. From arriving at reception to departing two days later, everything about our stay was fabulous. The friendliness of all the staff and level of service was outstanding, but a special mention for Alex, who was there to welcome us and sign us in and again on departure to sign us out. She always had a smile and friendly greeting for us. This was not our first visit to this hotel and I sincerely hope it will not be our last. I highly recommend staying at this hotel for a relaxing time in Bristol.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Zymology,

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind review we all sincerely love what we do and to read your praise and mention of team members by name like Alex is very much appreciated

Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Had a lovely meal in an event room with my family to celebrate my retirement. The food was excellent quality and the service, led by Phil, was perfect. Great job done by all and a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Rik,

Congratulations on your retirement I am so pleased we helped send you off in style would love to have you back now that you have some time on your hands enjoy your retirement.

Thank you for mentioning Phil By name

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

Well I’m going to look like the odd one out as our experience was not 4 or 5 Star! Sure we had a large suite but it was a bit tired and quite dark ... one window looks out on a brick wall less than a metre away and all the lights (they could do with more) seem to be controlled from the door - no switch on bedside lights. Yes we have a/c but the maid helpfully turns that off and the windows do not open! The carpet has some threadbare areas which for a £500 stay you do not expect? The reception staff watched me haul my suitcase up to and inside the door and that is pretty much the most contact had with them as they are usually deep in their own conversation every time we walk in. We ate in the Bistro which was ok but not great ... French onion soup was tepid and service in a restaurant that was not even half full on a Friday night was on the slow side. Breakfast was ok but nobody clears used plates away. So all in all a disappointing stay at Hotel Du Vin and we probably won’t give them a try again when there are other choices.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank djm53london

Dear djm53london

Thank you for the feedback some areas to focus on and yes a reminder not to rest on our laurels.I do hope you will return and experience the standards enjoyed by the majority of our guests

Apologies for letting you down

Regards

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in a very nice and clean room with any kind of amenities that made me feel like at home. Delicious breakfast, helpful and kind staff. The restaurant/pub at the ground floor creates a friendly atmosphere without being noisy or annoying. Very much recommanded.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Partytraveller,

WOW 5 stars very much appreciated and a home from home with a luxury twist is exactly what we try to be