“Perhaps only one up from Macdonalds....” 3 of 5 bubbles

Gbk
Ranked #704 of 1,552 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Frome, United Kingdom
“Perhaps only one up from Macdonalds....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I enjoyed my wild boar burger and my boyfriend enjoyed his don burger, however the service was the strangest I've ever experienced. You order and pay at the counter, making it feel like a fast food restaurant so I'm not sure how good it would be on an evening because even at lunchtime I didn't think that was right. The 'homeslaw' was not what we expected, I had to ask for a pot of mayo in order to mix it into the side and turning it into a proper coleslaw that you would want with your 'gourmet' burger! Liked it as our first visit here but not sure we'll be back.

• Visited December 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Great food, although somewhat overpriced (not Cabots fault!). Very good service. Atmosphere average but was a Monday night. Would return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great lunch while shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife ate here as have been to other gbk and was no disappointed I went for the slider and all 3 burgers were delicious my wife had the habanero witch she enjoyed also had some side with the coleslaw the stand out one would return when in Bristol shopping again

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Very average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

No doubt GBK has its fans as the place was very busy on a Saturday night but we were very disappointed. To call it a "gourmet" burger is stretching a point somewhat as only the price appeared to fit the description. I have eaten many hand-made quality burgers in other pubs and restaurants and this is by far the worst, in fact nearer to a being a Big Mac. Both meals were luke warm, and the mediocre table wine with the 500% mark-up did nothing to improve the experience. We will not be eating there again.

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Under cooked burger.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I ordered two burgers ,when asked how would we liked them done ,we said medium please,we retired to our table enjoying the drinks,not to forget the formidable monkey nuts ,within a reasonable time food was nicely served by a worthy waitress who was very pleasant and helpful .half way through the meal my wife noticed that her burger was very much under cooked,I couldn't say the same about mine hence mine was perfectly executed ,when mentioned that to the pleasant and helpful young waitress ,she kindly offered to take it back to the kitchen to be cooked further .We both vehemently declined the offer,since we don't think that a burger under done and partly consumed should go back to the grill and get reserved .There was no offer to rectify the matter.we will go again but we will make it perfectly clear that the burger must be cooked to our likening .

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Gbk? Share your experiences!