“Unique Space”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Unique Space”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Unusual bar, rather like a canteen in a sense. Is never heaving busy so good for a quieter drink, can clear out by about 11pm on a Friday/Saturday. Well priced and almost always able to get a seat.

Visited January 2014

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Poor choice and terrible service”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday lunchtime with friends, not my idea to go as was disappointed in the past and no different today. Poor menu choice for me, I struggled to find anything I liked so had to ask what was in some of the dishes. Is there cream in the mushroom and rosemary sauce? Three waitresses didn't know.......what's the soup of the day?......nobody knew and they couldn't find out as the chef wasn't in the kitchen. Rubbish. Settled for a ploughmans sandwich......big chunk of cheese comes to mind, but got the thinnest slice ever and I could hardly taste it due to overkill on various pickles. The bread may have been rustic but was sooooo dry I had to leave all the crusts as they were hard to swallow. Waste of money for me sorry.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Suzie B
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very poor disabled access and service”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

After a shopping trip to Bedminster on a rainy Saturday afternoon my husband and I thought we'd try this much-hyped venue. The doors into the restaurant are double doors that the second door of which needed unlocking before my wheelchair could fit through. Thankfully other patrons were happy to assist as the staff seemed oblivious to the issue. Once inside manoeuvring was easy enough and the tables are all capable of accommodating a wheelchair. It was 3.45pm so we perused the menu and made our choices. Upon ordering we were informed that they don't serve food between 3 & 5pm even on a busy Saturday. The best they could offer was a basket of bread (with hard butter!!), houmous and a meat platter (some salami, Parma ham and copious amounts of Rocket) all of which was cold. This seems a massive opportunity missed. The Tobacco factory is one of the few wheelchair accessible venues in the area and if it maybe followed the far superior Bocabar's example of food available throughout the day it would find itself with a continual supply of hungry customers to justify keeping the kitchen open for those 2 extra hours. The disabled loo was O.K but needs regular checks on cleanliness by staff as it is also obviously used for nappy changing. Overall a very disappointing visit and one that wont be repeated in a hurry.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Hellen D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Poor”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Where do I start!!?? Certain staff were unfriendly and some staff were even eating in the kitchen area whilst preparing food!!!!

Had to clean our own table (other customers did too). Floor was dirty also, I'd like to know what their hygiene rating is.

Waited 45 minutes for food!!!! (food which would not take that long to make e.g. sandwiches and soup!) and no real apology when food arrived. To top it off my order was wrong!!!! We could have gone to Aldi, prepared the food ourselves and still had 30mins to spare.

After reading older reviews I am surprised that they have not taken the criticism on board.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank JlandNJ8
London, United Kingdom
“Fair... Only fair!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Ate there last week and it was nice but that's it; too crowded and the food is tasty. The service wasn't bad, but didn't impress as well...