“Gorgeous restaurant”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This indian restaurant is beautiful on the inside; very stylishly decorated, all modern and well laid out. You feel like you're in for a treat as soon as you come through the front doors and are ushered up the grand staircase to the restaurant.

We went here as part of a surprise 30th birthday party and we all had a great evening. The menu has great choice and there's something for all tastes. It's also great for trying something new as there's not just the standard curry house choices on there. Needless to say the food was delicious!

The service was friendly and helpful and they coped very well with our large group. There were couple of issues with some drinks, but nothing which caused major upset. We also had two children in the group and they were very well looked after too, with food that was suitable for them and child friendly drinks.

Overall, I'd recommend this restaurant for a nice meal out. It's more expensive than some other indian restaurants, but it's well worth it for a treat.

1  Thank gregtraveller

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Great cocktail menu really unusual combinations designed to compliment your curry . I couldn't find one that appealed so the cocktail waiter came to the table asked me my likes and dislikes and came back with a really lovely cocktail that was just up my street . Lots of people there could be heard saying how they enjoyed their food and can only agree traditional Indian style food served with a really modern twist lovely be back next week !

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have dined here quite a few times and never been disappointed with the food and the friendly welcome.
But last Friday a group of us were there and had really bad service which spoiled the whole experience. It's such a good place to eat but they need to get some decent professional waiting staff! Examples: they forgot one person's meal altogether so he had to wait for 10 mins while they hastily cooked it - no apology. They had to be prompted 3 times to bring our second drink order. They took our coats away but then at the end of the evening we had to go and retrieve them ourselves.
Namaskar Lounge looks beautiful and classy. However I have had better service in the cheapest, scruffiest Indian restaurants. If it wants to portray a classy image the service should live up to the standard.
Your food, style and location is excellent. But please shape up with your service or you will lose custom!

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant when it first opened and were very impressed with the food and atmosphere. We had been meaning to return ever since and were really looking forward to it. However on this second visit we were very disappointed. One main meal had to be returned because it was served cold and the others were average. The atmosphere was more like a night club. The majority of people seemed to be there just for drinks in the the bar area. The bar was very busy and rowdy, and dominated the open plan layout as the restaurant had lots of empty tables. A DJ playing loud chart music meant that this was more like a restaurant where you eat and then dance or just go along for cocktails, making the restaurant feel very secondary to the bar area. I think there is an identity crisis going on and this place is trying to be too many things - restaurant, party place and cocktail bar. The combination on a Saturday night does not work unless you are prepared for it. It is the equivalent of a karaoke restaurant but with a DJ instead of singing.

Ben_9702, Manager at Maaza Namaskar Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hi there

Please accept my apologies for the poor experience that you felt that you had at Namaskar Lounge.

We take any comments and feedback very seriously.

We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and for you to receive something sub standard I can assure you is not the norm. I would encourage you to try us again sometime as we have been getting some really great feedback of late.

We do not usually book large parties for the bar on a Saturday but unfortunately this was the only date that was available. This is the first time in the last 14 months of trading that this has happened and as I'm sure you can appreciate that in this current climate business's have to maximize every opportunity possible.

I do appreciate that however we do need to find a balance between the two floors. This is something that we are acutely aware of and are working towards a better solution should we need to do this again without closing the whole venue to the public (which we would usually do).

Once again thank you for your honesty in your review, we will use this information in a positive way to ensure we are creating a better environment for our guests in the future.

Best regards

Ben

Reviewed February 21, 2013

A very good restaurant. I ate here on a Wednesday night. I was in town on business so ate alone. There were two other tables occupied, each by smoochy couples.

I think poppadums while waiting for dinner added an extra £2.50 on to the bill, which I was surprised by.

The food itself was gorgeous though. The staff were very attentive and friendly.

I would recommend it.