“Exceptionally tasty authentic food”
Review of Piccadilly - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Piccadilly
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: type web address in http bar as it does not come up through search engines as is very new business.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptionally tasty authentic food”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We recently went to the Piccadilly restaurant in Bristol as a group of 8. All of us bar one, ordered from the traditional Indian menu.The starters we ordered were a delight, that all guests enjoyed! In each curry, there were different and unique flavours, and the food was delicious. Service was however a bit slow, but the flavours in the dishes made up for this. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Dave W

Bristol
“Will NOT be coming back”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I visited this restaurant with my partner and daughter having passed it several times and we were all very disappointed. When we arrived it was very quiet but it was still quite early in the evening. We were shown to our table and left with menus to look at. We were surprised to see that there was no alcohol on the drinks menu, presumably because they do not have a drinks licence; as such we felt the choice of soft drinks was quite limited, with no fruit juices on offer and we were not sure if this meant we could have brought a bottle of wine with us. When our waiter came back he seemed quite nervous and not at all confident, and he asked if we were ready to order. We ordered drinks only at this point and asked a couple of questions about the menu - the choice of pizza is quite limited so I asked if my daughter could just have a plain cheese one and he said yes and I also asked if a particular dish on the Indian menu is a dry dish or does it come in a sauce, and he told me he came in a sauce. As we were still undecided we asked him to give us a few more minutes. Whilst looking at the menus and chatting we noticed that the glass doors, windows and mirrors were very dirty, which we found quite off-putting - surely if you are going to have glass doors and mirrors you would ensure that these were kept sparkling clean. Also there were bits of food on our table and on the floor and considering the place had only been open about an hour that day before we arrived again put us off. However we decided to persevere and try the food. A different waitress then came to take our food order. My daughter wanted a pizza and we were shocked to now be told that we could not order pizza as the chef was not ready to make them yet and the dough was not ready. The restaurant opens each day 5 pm to 11 pm so surely they should ensure that they are ready with such things in time for opening and definitely by 6.30 pm which is what the time was by the time we were ordering our food; also the other waiter who I had asked about the pizza had not told us there was none available! We all decided to order from the Indian menu and I specifically asked for both of my daughter's dishes to be mild - the menu actually says on it "tell us how hot you like your dish to be - mild, hot or very hot" so we assumed this would not be a problem and the waitress noted this on our order. When our starters came we were brought 4 dishes instead of the 3 we ordered and it turned out the 4th dish was what my partner had order as his main course - the dish the waiter had said comes with a sauce, which it did not as it was a dry dish. That was taken away and they told him he would have to have something else as his main course instead. My daughter's starter was definitely not mild, but very hot - even my partner and I found it quite hot and we both enjoy hot spicy food. In the end she gave up trying to eat it. When our table was cleared we asked them to ensure her main course was mild as she had not been able to eat her starter. We also told them that we would need to order extra rice due to the change in my partners main course (his original choice came with rice but the replacement dish did not). When our main courses arrived we were quite disappointed. The food lacked flavour, my partner's king prawns (both starter and main course) were very overcooked, the aloo paratha I ordered (which I opted for as not many restaurants do them) was awful - very doughy with the bread not cooked properly, and the filling had no flavour. We ate quickly as by this point we just wanted to leave. The amount of food we left was a clear indication that we had not enjoyed our meal but was not commented on. As soon as we were ready to go I asked for our bill. The bill was brought to us but then no attempt was made to take any payment. Instead the waitress started clearing our table. On her third return to our table to take away more dishes I asked if I could pay so we could leave. She did apologise for my daughter's starter being so spicy as she had noted for it to be mild. The owner/manager was very visible in the restaurant and he came to our table several times, but he made no attempt to apologise to us or compensate us for anything although he was very aware we were unhappy. Instead he kept making excuses and saying they were a new establishment. With a choice of so many Indian restaurants in Bristol, many of which are superb, Piccadilly need a huge improvement in the quality of their food to compete and they also need a better level of customer service with waiters who have better knowledge about the menus. We would not go back to this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
bristol england
“The best in bristol!!!!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Love your Indian takeaway food, great food the best in bristol so far, and iv tried a lot Delivery is quick and the food is always hot...

2 Thank a3hley
“Excellent food shame lack of customers”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Went with a friend and our chidren, there was only one other family dining but the restaurant is well decorated and airy. Waiter attentive but struggled slightly to understand us. The manager came over and greeted us, thanked us for coming. I want people to go to this restaurant, the food was excellent and there is also an asian menu so loads of choice, a lot of kunchtime offers and deffo value for money, would definatley dine here again!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“New up and coming restaurant in Easton”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Piccadilly Restaurant is a new restaurant in my local area, so had to try it out. When we got there the place was pretty empty in fact we had place to ourselves! ....i started to wonder if i'd made a mistake?! Surely if its empty that can't be a good sign?? But it had only been open a few days and in actuall fact the food was really nice (thank god!), the decor was lovely - the owner had obviously spent a lot of time, money and effort to get it looking good! Everything we tried was really tasty and cooked well, my fav was the grilled salmon - cooked to perfection. The downers to this place (and they aren't major for me) is there's no parking onsite and finding any nearby might be troublesome. I'm not sure if there is disabled access as the main entrance we used had a few steps (maybe call before hand) - also they could make the entrance a little more inviting? Other than those minor things i would recommend Piccadilly, and I plan to go again very soon :-)

• Visited October 2011