“Fish and Chips not to be missed”
Review of Smileys Plaice - CLOSED

Smileys Plaice
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been here several times with my sister and my two nieces, (6+7).
It has never disappointed. The fish is cooked wonderfully, the batter light and tasty. The chips are lush.
When my nieces are good they're given the choice of where and what they want to eat. They always ask to go to the "fish shop in Bedminster"
The staff are friendly and go out of their way to speak to my nieces.
There is a takeaway counter here as well, but I've always eaten in the restaurant.
I live on the other side of Bristol so I don't get here often, but when I do, I always head here for lunch.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Been here numerous times. Cheap, tasty grub in clean pleasant surroundings, lovely helpful staff, very nice atmosphere. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I read the tripadvisor reviews of Smiley's and my girlfriend and I decided to walk 1.4 miles to try it. It was worth every mile and even if it was 5 miles I would walk for it. Not only was the food great, but Ismael and Carol treated us like we were part of their family. We look forward to going back again and recommend Smiley's Plaice to anyone looking for great fish 'n' chips at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were taken here last Saturday evening for a quick meal before watching the Bristol Harbour Festival fireworks display. The place itself is sprklingly clean which I thought was promising. While everyone else had cod, I chose haddock with mushy peas, and garden peas. While the fish was being cooked we chatted with the waitress who was very pleasant and friendly, keen to make sure we had everything we needed.

The fish when served to us was simply brilliant - beautifully fresh with thin,crispy batter - and delicious. Silence while we eat the fish as it was that good. Washed down with bottled Stella Artois, what more can you ask for? For less than a tenner a head, including the cost of drinks, we had a very satisfying meal which would take a lot to beat anywhere in the UK.

Recommended!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

For once I am lost for words!! We were greeted warmly by every staff member as soon as we stepped foot through the door ( and it wasn't cheesy!)food was amazing. We ordered a medium cod and chips each and I am full to capacity!! Will definitely come here again...