“Great”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Teppanyaki style Japanese food
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We go here every time we visit Bristol. The food is great, staff are friendly, service is fast and I believe the price is reasonable. I would suggest this place to anyone

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have tried every sushi restaurant in Bristol and Bath but at long last my search is over. I came here on a Friday night with my family and have been on numerous occasions. We tried just about everything we possibly could on the menu and enjoyed everything. Even the children finished their plates. If you enjoy sushi and appreciate fresh high quality fish, you really should give this place a try. We live in Bath so it is a bit of a long drive but well worth it. A massive thank you to the staff for all their hard work. Well done.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Good food with very polite and efficient staff, had a lovely meal. The teriyaki salmon in my Bento Box was fantastic, definitely worth a visit if you enjoy Japanese food.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Gorgeous food, amazing service and not badly priced either! Do not miss out on the sushi or the tempura!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was taken here last night as a birthday treat and I will never go back! The restaurant was freezing cold, even the staff had coats on to start. We moved tables 3 times trying to sit somewhere with a bit of warmth. They eventually brought us a portable radiator, which didn't really make much difference as there were draughts coming from all angles. I had to sit there throughout the meal with my coat and scarf on. The restaurant decor leaves a lot to be desired, certainly needs refurbishment or even a lick of paint here and there. The atmosphere was dire, as was the loud music they were playing in the background. We were left with a menu for at least half an hour, eventually we had to call a waitress over to ask for a drink! When the bottle of wine arrived at our table, the waitress opened it and just filled up my glass without asking if I wanted to taste first. My friend who had never eaten Japanese before, had a few questions for the waitress about some of the dishes, but unfortunately she wasn't sure herself and was in agreement with me when I ended up explaining it to him. We ordered a starter to share which came promptly, but we were only halfway through when they brought us our main. We had both ordered the beef teriyaki, mine medium rare and his medium well. Sadly, they were both overcooked and tough as old boots! Apart from that, the portion of beef we had was minuscule. How it could have been overcooked was beyond me, as the beef was in thin strips, no more than about 6 tiny strips each, which only needed flash frying when that small. I was reluctant to send mine back, as you always worry what could happen in the kitchen, (if you get my gist) but there was no way I could eat it as it was! My friend opted to keep his, but was far from happy. By the time mine arrived at the table again, he had finished his meal so I had to eat alone. Once again the beef was tough, although not as overcooked as before. I guess it was a cheap cut of beef which would be tough regardless of how it was cooked, yet it was meant to be sirloin. No way was that sirloin beef!

We had no apology throughout all this and made to feel alienated for complaining! I felt bad enough already, as this was a birthday treat from my friend and felt guilty having to complain, but he was in total agreement which made me feel a bit better. This is one place we'll never be returning to.

1  Thank Mysterious_10