“Average”

Add it.
Oriental Buffet Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tel: 01275-838801. Fax 01275-837088. Good quality Oriental Buffet. East as much as you like for GBP6.99 at lunchtime and GBP11.99 in th evenings. Excellent value for money.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I only go here if I am really hungry and fancy the duck pancakes. It's ok here but it has no atmosphere and feels like a school dinner hall. The staff are never friendly, and I always feel like I want to get in eat and get out, which is what I do. The children like it because they can eat what they want and as much as they want and love the different desserts,deep fried ice cream being one of them :o .If you are over by the cinema and have a limited choice then it's better than McDonald's and on par with F&B's. I do find the soft drinks a little expensive though.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

food did not look fresh and I seen sauce being poured out of a 5litre container very poor in all aspects

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Because we sometimes drive to the cinema complex up at Hengrove we often stop by the Oriental for lunch or for more special occasions for dinner where the tariff is more pricey.

The food there is always kept hot in their containers and the staff are always on hand to replenish them when they are low. I always go for the deep-fried chicken and boiled rice - their sweet and sour sauce excels that from any takeaway place and restaurant I've ever been to.

They also have a chocolate fountain during the evening dinners and it's a shame they don't choose to operate that during lunchtime hours. But then again I suppose a chocolate fountain is seen as more of a luxury. The puddings and desserts are lovely and they always have lots of ice cream where you can just help yourself.

The good thing is that it's all-you-can-eat so you can go up as many times as you want for a set price. We've been up 4 or 5 times on occasion and have always left the Oriental so full that it sees us through till bedtime!

Staff are always friendly and show you to your seats. Unfortunately my partner made the mistake of asking for a different place to sit on one occasion and the waitress wasn't too keen on giving us another table. I presume she found that a little rude but from now on we just sit wherever they take us!

We'll continue to go up there if it keeps up the good work! :) x

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We love going to this restaurant as we think it's great food and nice that you can have a taste of everything that is on the menu, have never had a bad meal and always come away full. The staff are very friendly. It also is a very good take away.

2  Thank julie m
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Enjoyed really nice service at this place, staff were friendly and welcoming. Food was well cooked and a fairly decent variety. There is room for improvement on the display of foods available, as everything was a bit similar as you walk past, therefore not very appealing until it hits your plate.
The only annoying thing was, that with the large windows all around the place, the sun was glaring into our faces and the poor waitress really struggled to close the blinds, so it was a little uncomfortable from that point of view.
However the food itself was very nice and for the price we paid, it was very good value. Great for a catch up lunch with friends, or something quick to fill the gap ... Not really a place I would choose for a celebration meal, like a birthday, etc. mainly due to the type of quiet atmosphere. It seems to be a place that you go into, eat and go home soon after, rather than sitting with drinks afterwards.

1  Thank L V