“Flights with Bailey Balloons” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Hot Air Balloon Flight from Bristol
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bailey Balloons offers Champagne balloon rides from stunning locations in Bristol, Bath, South Wales, Somerset, Wiltshire, Devon & Cornwall. Flights are either early morning and early evening when the winds are most suitable for ballooning. The flight is about an hour but you will need to leave about 3-4 hours due to setting up the balloon, the flight, then packing away and return to the launch site. Bailey Balloons have run balloon flights for over 20 years and it is a family company run Jo and Clive Bailey. Clive is a director of the Bristol Balloon Fiesta and has flown many celebrities including Ant and Dec and Jamie Oliver. He has received an award from HRH the Duke of Edinburgh at Buckingham Palace for his services to Aviation. Clive and Jo look forward to sharing their passion for ballooning with you!
Chew Magna, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Flights with Bailey Balloons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Our son booked this flight to celebrate a 60th Birthday, booked the day before the flight,Flight was confirmed the same day. Checked in at 7am in Victoria Park Bath, perfect weather. Was greeted by Dan (ground crew) and Mike (Pilot), made to feel very welcome and part of the team. Helping to sort out the balloon was a part of the experience, Dan was especially good at involving all flight members with Mike putting him in his place, quite rightly! The flight was amazing, Mike was happy to answer all questions as well as pointing out places far below. Everyone was 'concerned' about the landing but Mike managed to put it down in the very centre of a small field on the Neston Estate with hardly a bump! He also managed to deal, in a very professional manner, with an unhappy gamekeeper. The 'crew' (us) were happy to deal with packing up the balloon and both Mike and Dan managed to keep up the experience on the journey back to Bath. All in all it was a very exciting experience made so much the better by the humour and professionalism of both Mike & Dan. I would be more than happy to throughly recomend Bailey Balloons to anyone who is considering a balloon flight experience. You won't find better!!

2 Thank Mike S

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hot Air Balloon Flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had an amazing afternoon/evening on Saturday night with Bailey Balloons.

I was recommended Bailey Balloons by a friend who is in the aviation business. According to him they have the best name, amongst those in the know, in the industry.

We went with his recommendation and I am so glad we did. What a fantastic group, from the lady booking my flight right through to the pilot and crew. They were not only very professional but made sure this would be a fantastic experience that I would not forget in a long time, if ever.

The pilot flew for an about an hour which was really good as it seemed some balloons were landing earlier. I must mention the landing as well. It was as if we landed on a big cushion, we were fully briefed on landing positions and expected a bit of a bump but it was so gentle.

Afterwards we enjoyed a glass or two of Champagne and were taken back to our car at the launch site to be given a certificate to remember our day.

We are going to try a morning flight from South Wales next year as I am told mornings can be so different and the scenery is also spectacular.

For me I would not hesitate to use Bailey Balloons again and on meeting my friend I was greeted with the customary "I told you so" when I mentioned how good they were at looking after us.

Thanks guys!

2 Thank BenHoughton
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An Amazing Experience – Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I received a voucher for a Bailey Balloon flight. We had a fabulous time and it was the best birthday present our children could have given us. Booking was very easy; the office staff were extremely helpful. We flew from Victoria Park in Bath on an early morning flight. The pilot (Clive) and crew were friendly and professional and made everyone feel at ease. The view over the city was magnificent - don't forget your camera. We have no hesitation in recommending Bailey Balloons.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Lorraine H
Brecon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience....Thoroughly Recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We flew on a beautifully still evening mid September 2012, and it was a truly wonderful experience I recommend everyone to try.

I'd purchased a voucher for experience the year before, but with the miserable weather of 2012 it took a 5 attempts for our flight booking to go ahead. It was well worth the wait.

The only downside to the experience was booking the flight via the Bailey Balloon website, which shows "availability". However the availability we booked on the website was never actually available, and you only found this out once the office was open to send through confirmation. This kind of defeats the purpose of an online booking system and which is why I've not given the experience 5 stars. I would advise that you call the booking phone line where they can give you live availability.

On the upside, the whole experience was fantastic. The flight team get you involved from the off with the set up of the balloon, helping to unpack it and then inflate it. We were advised that our takeoff had been bumpy, but it was nothing more than a gentle swaying. The flight itself was amazingly peaceful and serene with outstanding views.

The landing again the pilot described as bumpy, but this was no worse than being on a fairground ride for 30 seconds. We then helped pack the balloon away before being taken back to our launch site for a glass of bubbly.

If you get the chance this is a must do activity for all ages (that are tall enough to see over the basket!).

Visited September 2012
BaileyBalloons, Manager at Bailey Balloons, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our on-line system. We are looking into the issue and trying to resolve it so that the online availability keeps up with the booking system in the office. We are glad that you enjoyed your flight and thank you very much for taking the time to comment.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Up up and away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was bought a voucher for my birthday last year to go up in a hot air balloon as it was number one on my bucket list. I was not disappointed with the gift. My mum bought a ticket too and we went from Ashton Court in Bristol - which is a stunning place. We enjoyed seeing the balloon inflate and had clear safety instructions given. When we ascended it felt like a smooth-moving lift I wasn't scared at all. Even 1000 feet up in the sky it was so smooth and felt completely safe. The sights were amazing, the company of the other passengers was great, we had photos taken of the whole group from a camera hanging from a pole attached to the balloon and also a personal pic with whoever you'd flown with - this cost an extra £20 though, you filled a form in after you landed for a usb of the pics to be sent to you. We were given a complimentary drink after the flight too. The best bits were the sights, the fun, slightly bumpy landing and also people waving to you like mad when you floated over their houses. Fabulous experience couldn't recommend it highly enough!

2 Thank BethanBee