“wonderful sunday lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

there was a party of 15 for sunday roast and EVERYONE really enjoyed their meal, the staff were so friendly , the service great, I had belly of pork which just melted in your mouth with a strip of the crispiest crackling , the roast potatoes were divine soft in the middle and really crispy on the outside, quite the best I have tasted for a very long time, lovely vedg too, others had the lamb which they also raved about, feel this will be a regular place for us to eat sunday lunch

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had a lovely meal here tonight. Generous portions. Defeated me. Really tasty Mac cheese and bacon. Private party going on so they were busy but service good. Good atmosphere. Great evening.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

After a wait, which was explained, all food is freshly prepared and a new batch of burgers needed to be made, I was given my meal only to have it removed after a couple of minutes. I was told it wasn't mine, no apology or explanation was given, 1 minute later a different waitress returned with my meal and she explained it was mine all along.

Apparently it was the owner who came and removed my meal but she did not return to apologise or explain.

I would certainly not dine there on a Sunday evening, though I hear it does a very good roast Sunday lunchtime. Perhaps this is where I went wrong!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Gave this pub a go one sunday a few months ago and havent stopped going back! Food is very good, if you have an allery they are very accommodating and dont make you fell awkward for making alterations to their menu!!
Defiantly recommend a visit!!

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I was there with a group of eight, four of us got our food within 15 minutes and the rest of us had to wait 40 minutes. It meant that none of us were eating at the same time. On top of that we were then accused of not paying for one of the meals. Not a single apology was given for the wait. It was a shame because the place looks nice and the food was good but I would not be persuaded to come back. The attitude of the staff was really terrible!

Kings Arms W, Owner at The Kings Arms, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Hi Caitlin.
I am sorry that you felt our service let you down and you had to post such a negative response about us.

Your party of 8 all ordered and paid for food and drinks separately at the bar. This meant a 10 minute gap between the first check and last check reaching the kitchen. It also meant that the first checks were being cooked and well on their way before the last checks hit the kitchen. Due to a very busy day we were running short on our home-made burgers and had none left for the the last people in your party. We offered to make a new batch and said they would take 20 minutes to prepare and this offer was accepted by your party. This meant there was always going to be a minimum 30 minute gap between the first and second half of the order. Generally the kitchen will try to catch-up an order like yours so all meals can be served together, but not in this instance with having to prepare new burgers. When you said why couldn't the kitchen hold the first meals back in order for you to all eat together. I wonder what your review would have said about eating food that had been sat under a heat lamp for 30 minutes....

When the last meals were sent out, it became evident that one burger was missing - this was quickly rectified within two minutes. However, due to only having 7 checks for 8 meals, I came to your table to ensure that you had all received the meals you had ordered and there wasn't a mix up with another table. To say I accused you of not paying is blatantly untrue - I was merely trying to ascertain where the confusion had arisen

The positive aspect of your review is that we no longer allow large groups to order individually at the bar - it creates dis-order in the kitchen and disgruntled customers at the bar.

Hopefully we will see your party back again in order to test this new policy!

Kind regards