“Fantastic venue for lunch dinner end events!”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #239 of 1,577 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bristol, England
“Fantastic venue for lunch dinner end events!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've been here many times for drinks and dinners over the last 2 years-it's never disappointed, great menu and friendly staff and they allow dogs which for me is always a selling point.
Lovely atmosphere with candles everywhere and plenty of seating.
I recently also booked it for an event with work and used their facility upstairs to have speakers and presentations, the pub put on a brilliant lunch and the day ran like clockwork thanks to Alison and her team-would thoroughly recommend for both friendly catch up and more formal do’s.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Well, it is opposite the best curry house in Bristol, Kohi Noor, so it is a good place to meet, it does have an outdoor part, and the food here is not bad. Last visit though I did think my drink was underfilled, and when I complained the barman literally refused to speak to me and just walked off! It is the only time in my life a barman has not only refused to fill the glass to the pint line, but also walked away from the customer...Not returned since, and don't intend to

Visited October 2013
2 Thank drbennyb
Kings Arms W, Owner at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Hi Drbenny,

Since speaking to you (PM) I have had a few thoughts that may explain your bad experience.

Some of our branded glasses are oversized - called 'pint to line'. This is a Continental fancy that allows a very large head to be poured on the pint whilst still giving the full measure of lager. However we Brits have not embraced this and it has caused several customers to think their pints are under-filled. As such we are phasing them out.

Regarding your observation that you were ignored and a member of staff walked away from you, I am hoping that the explanation is simple....if you visited us on a busy evening, the acoustics behind the bar are awful and unless a customer is standing right in front of the member of staff, it is difficult to hear what is being said.

If, however, you were deliberately ignored (although I cannot imagine a member of my staff being so rude) I apologise unreservedly.

It is good to know that you are still coming in for drinks though.

Best wishes

Alison
Bristol UK
“Very Special”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Eleven of us had dinner in this restaurant and without exception it was felt that this was a really well run establishment selling really superb food in an extremely smart,stylish and relaxing environment.
The pigeon breast starter was perfectly cooked, mushroom soup was perfect , the steaks were amongst the best we gave gad and the hearty deserts were really something.
This is NOT a pub but a quality restaurant.
My friends and I were so impressed that we asked to speak with the owner/ manager . Ali duly came to see us and it was clear that it was her energy and enthusiasm that had made what was expected to be a good night into a superb evening .
Thank you Ali and all the staff.

• Visited October 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food Pub with Plenty of Character”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Having visited the King's Arms in its many guises over the past few years, our most recent visit was to sample thier sunday roast after some rave reviews. We were not dissapointed. It may be a bit pricey for sunday roast, but the quality and quantity did not leave us wanting. My roast belly pork was superb, and the veg and other accompaniments fresh and tasty. My wife opted for mac and cheese from the small selection of al la carte meals on offer, which was also very good. I'd also add that the burgers here are pretty amazing, its a great place for a post-work lunch or a starting point for a night out...

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank matthewace
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Burgermaster”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

comfortable and roomy pub. Had their burgers for the first time last night. Truly fab. Provided by Ruby and White on the lower slopes of Whiteladies Road.

Visited September 2013