Clifton House
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bwhiteladies roadfree parkingfull english breakfastcity centreyogurtuniversity areaquiet roadsingle roomoff street parkingbreakfast was deliciouslarge roomsuperior roomchain hotelsshort walkcar parkbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had a terrific 4 day stay at Clifton House. I had a spacious double room in the 'superior' side of the building, although a colleague with a double in the older side was very happy too. The shower room was spotless and the shower excellent. Breakfast was relaxed and very good quality indeed. Staff were friendly and helpful. I was allowed to leave my car until later in the day on checkout day, and then collect it when my business was finished, which as anyone who's tried to park in Clifton will attest, is invaluable.
Fantastic, I stay in Clifton a fair bit, and I won't be trying anywhere else out, this is just fine, in fact that's 'my room' now (not telling!).

Room Tip: I like space, so a tenner extra for a 'superior' room, as their better rooms are called, was worth it. I was at the front of the building and did not find the street sounds intrusive, but if you're a 'listener' then you may want to ask to be at the rear.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great location in Clifton, plenty of parking, comfortable rooms and a good breakfast - all you want from a place to stay! On top of that, the staff are friendly and helpful which adds to the experience. I will definitely return!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Best thing about this hotel is the situation for Clifton and the ability to park your car. Our room was small - barely enough space to fit between end of bed and dressing table.Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom had not been properly cleaned and I'm afraid that clouded my whole evening! No where to hang or put anything in bathroom/shower (a hook or two would help). Slight smell of stagnant water when using sink. No noise from outside but could hear people in adjoining room. Lovely to be able to open window if required and certainly no problem with heating. Breakfast was prompt and average.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back on top floor which was quiet in respect of street noise but a hike up the stairs. Hadn't realised that there were superior rooms to be had - would be best to choose this option.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
cliftonhouse, General Manager at Clifton House, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

We apologise for the inconviencience caused by this over-site from our staff, thank you for outlinning the positive apects to Clifton House and thank you for letting us know where we can improve. At Clifton House we always welcome feedback from our guests in order to improve our standards and make your stay with us next time more enjoyable. Many thanks, the Clifton House Team.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

First impressions were very good - lovely reception area and friendly staff. The double bedroom was nicely decorated but very small. We were informed that the "wet dog" smell was due to the carpet having been cleaned - unfortunately it wasn't dry and we ended up with wet socks! The space around the bed was minimal (20" my side and less at the foot of the bed as you had to negotiate the desk and chair as well) and the internal en suite bathroom measured 5' x 5'. You had to be a contortionist to apply make up due to lack of elbow room! In addition the macerator under the toilet was noisey. Not being on the main road and off road parking were the only positive points.Quite frankly I've stayed in better Travel Lodges.

Room Tip: Apparently there are larger rooms in this hotel. This wasn't obvious when we booked on line.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and daughters have stayed here many times before (one of our daughters studies at Bristol University). I stayed for the first time in November. The rooms and bathrooms are comfortable enough but to me, it is just a well-priced, good hotel in a great location. What makes it extra-special, taking it up a notch, is the staff. The manager, Abi, was particularly warm and helpful. Very accommodating with our needs. For as long as we have reason to visit Bristol, we will choose this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family