“Real disappointment”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Real disappointment”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I've been here before about a year ago and I had the most amazing meal so I took my family for a meal. We were thoroughly disappointed. There was a big fuss made of the fact we requested triple cooked chips on the side of a meal, and we were made to feel very awkward. After much deliberation we were told it was ok then when our meal was brought the waiter said here are our wedges...we questioned him and he was dismissive. Food generally not great, steak was undercooked, wedges not good, service pretty rude and not a nice dining experience. Food was not as advertised on the menu. I won't be going back!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Ve100

Congresbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality food, lovely restaurant.”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was looking for somewhere nice to have a pre-Easter meal as the rest of the weekend was retty much mapped out already!.
We arrived to an extremely busy pub, nice to see, but a little daunting in regards to volume level. We were greeted at the entrance to the eating area by a friendly host who, after ensuring our table was ready, showed us to our seats.
We ordered our starters, and less than 10 minutes later my starter arrived, but somebody elses meal was offered to my wife. After realising their mistake, they took both meals away and returned 5 minutes later, apologetic, and with the correct meals. We had Lamb Kofta and Risotto balls, and both were ample and tasty.
I had a King Prawn, Crab and Chorizo Linguini (spicy courtesy of fresh chilli, and very tasty) my wife, Spit-roast Chicken, with a jus and chips with alioli (very succulent meat!).
Dessert was Chocolate Brownie for the wife and Apple and blackberry crumble and custard, beautifully presented.

The service was very good, and the prices more than acceptable.

I'd definitely return here, and would have no hesitation recommending this to friends and family.

Thank you for a nice night!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank CiderCraig
“Food good, service better”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Been in here for a drink many times, however on this occasion we decided to eat.

Menu varied, lots of choice and we all ordered. Service good nothing to complain.

Ordered some wine for main course and by the time it turned up we were close to finishing. We said don't bother and the manager came over and offered us a free glass. Fine we thought. She came back with the bottle, on the house and a big apology.

Excellent customer service, it did take too long but they clearly care and will be back for more.

The steak was excellent, together with Fish and Chips!

Good job!

Blandford
“Great Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We chose The Botanist for Sunday lunch because we were going to a concert at nearby St George's and enjoyed a really tasty relaxed meal. The staff, particularly the manager, were very friendly and welcoming and looked after us very well. The food, roast beef and pork, was well cooked, flavoursome and served in generous portions, and this was followed by a beautiful crumble (see photo). An added bonus was entertainment provided by a skilful magician working at the tables. The cost of the meal was very reasonable and we will definitely return when we are back in Bristol.

Visited March 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I walk past every day but have never clocked this place until recently. we didnt eat but the drinks were great and reasonably priced. lovely setting, Espresso Martini is a must!

• Visited March 2014