“Food great. Service needs attention.”

The Botanist Bristol
Ranked #117 of 1,565 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Bar, European, British
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Food great. Service needs attention.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went here for lunch Fri. Sat in the Potting Shed. Hadn't even sat down and waitress asked what we wanted to drink. I said we didnt know what we wanted at that stage. When sat & ready to look at wine list, there was no list on the table. After a while I had to call to the waitress to ask for one. Once wine & food ordered everything else was fine. Food was delicious. Sat outside to finish wine.

• Visited August 2013

Bristol
“Amazing food, fantastic service, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I visit the Botanist regularly, the last time I was there was over 2 months ago with my boyfriend. As always I had a great experience. I went back a few days ago with some work colleagues and I couldn't recognise the place! They ticked every box possible and really excelled in customer service. Even though the place was busy, the host greeted us upon arrival and made us feel welcome. The speed of service and quality of food in the restaurant was outstanding.

The general atmosphere of the place was relaxing and inviting, so after our meal we decided to have a few drinks in the bar. I ordered a couple of cocktails that weren't on the menu. I thought this maybe a big ask - but it wasn't! The bartender was fantastic and made the drinks just as I wanted. I will definitely be going back very soon! This is a great place not only to eat but for drinks - later on in the evening the place is buzzing and you just don't want to leave! Keep up the good work!

• Visited August 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Shocking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Have always been a fan of this place going back to the days of Ha ha. Was very disappointed by last nights visit. Went in with friends and we were offered a table but then we decided to sit outside and eat and everything went down rapidly. Firstly the service changes from waiter service to order at the bar (why?!) and to compound matters after choosing what we wanted and having to wait at the bar ot order we were told that the kitchen was too busy to serve outside and we could no longer sit inside. Ridiculous. Promptly left and went across the road to Browns where we had an excellent meal. Poor service and with so many good places to eat in Bristol I won't be rushing back...

1 Thank ColinMcDougall
London
“Very nice graduation menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were very difficult customers, asked to move tables twice because we wanted to be near the window, also asked lots of questions about the menu and took ages to decide because it all sounded so nice. The waitress we had was very patient and helpful. The food was really nice, the portions are about the right size.

Main suggestion for the management would be to install fans or some more ventilation in the back dining area because we went on a really hot day and it was a bit too warm inside. Also it's annoying that you can't have the main restaurant menu outside.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for a summer's evening sat outside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Celebrated a graduation... It is set just away from the Triangle which great. We would definitely go again...