“Nice for a quick meal” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #351 of 1,552 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food, Central American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Mission MissionOur focus will always be on big, authentic, great tasting burritos.We will make the fillings from scratch every day with no freezer or fryers.Nobody will leave hungry or unhappy.We will be known as the best burrito in the UK.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nice for a quick meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I guess it's sort of the Mexican equivalent of a Subway, but a bit better. Same kind of format though - basic menu with options for extras (salsa, beans, salad etc), wrapped up in front of you for you to takeaway. Had the veggie burrito option with all the extras and it was pretty tasty. But if you've ever been to Baja Fresh in the USA that's a million times better!

Good points - size (huge! So maybe skip breakfast if you're planning lunch?!), service was quite speedy, everything tasted fresh, four types of salsa to choose from

Bad points - not the best value for money (If you've ever been to Magic Roll in Bristol, that's a similar price but better quality ingredients and larger range of options), if you eat in your food is served in a basket.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Uk
“Love them”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I come here once a week for a chicken Burrito..they are so nice..just the right mix of chicken beans and rice.. You even get a free Burrito every so often. The only take away that feels like a real meal and as good as something homemade without all the calories. Its never usualy to busy but then i feel Bristol is a bit behind the times where people still prefer a chinese takeaway..Thats fine for me though Burritos are so much better.I love burritos..

• Visited August 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Had better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Bene here on 2 occasions, the first i had the chicken burrito which was ok, the chicken was dry and overall the burrito was quite bland, it would have been eve blander without the hot sauce on. For me and my friend it worked out about £20.00 with drinks, i thought this was quite alot considering i have had better at las iguanas and chiquitos which is about the same price and alot better environment to eat i ( like having a plate and being served). I am not sure whether my experience was due to coming in half an hour before close or what but i dont think i will be returning. On a good note the drinks selection including the mexican soft drinks are lovely and this should be kept :-)

• Visited July 2012
Bristol
“Fab tastes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Been to Mission Burrito on a few occasions and was never disappointed. Food was very tasty, portions big. Love Mexican drinks they sell there! Staff are not overly enthusiastic but are polite and I wouldn't hold it against them. Is definitely one of the favourites quick lunch places.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MissionBurrito, Owner at Mission Burrito, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thanks very much for the review and your regular visits, we appreciate both a great deal. Hope to see you again soon.
Porthyrhyd, null, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fast,average and affordable belly filler”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I went he for lunch today when working from our Bristol office. It is just up the hill from the office so that was a plus.

The staff were efficient and fast but not exactly enthusiastic. Then again neither was I so suppose no complaints here.

Went for the steak Burrito will a few of the trimmings. Nice flavour. Cost about a fiver. My guess is though that the fillings are not prepared on site and you can tell (hope I am not wrong on this - if I am then they need a bit more oomph)

The inside is nice with a choice of takeout or sit down. I went for the sit down and made the right choice. Ate 1/3rd of the burrito with a wooden knife and fork which wasn't that easy, so given my appetite decided that the other 2/3rd's needed a more manly approach. Much easier but a lot of juices running down fingers which I guess is why it turns fairy soggy. Maybe the Mission could try for a thicker filling??

As an alternative to Mac's, Burger King and Subway this place is miles ahead but as an authentic taquerias (I am not that clever and looked it up on there website) I am not so sure.

I will eat here again but only because my office is 200 metres away.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Firstly, thanks for the visit, we appreciate it. We'll take on board your feedback and see if we can't inject a little more oomph in our staff in terms of enthusiasm. On the food side we buy in our flour tortillas and tortilla chips but everything else is made from scratch every day. If you need ooomph we suggest you try the chipotle salsa and if that doesn't give your burrito a sufficent kick then upgrade to our habanero. Thanks again.