“fast,average and affordable belly filler”
Review of Mission Burrito

Mission Burrito
Ranked #365 of 1,652 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: The Mission MissionOur focus will always be on big, authentic, great tasting burritos.We will make the fillings from scratch every day with no freezer or fryers.Nobody will leave hungry or unhappy.We will be known as the best burrito in the UK.
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I went he for lunch today when working from our Bristol office. It is just up the hill from the office so that was a plus.

The staff were efficient and fast but not exactly enthusiastic. Then again neither was I so suppose no complaints here.

Went for the steak Burrito will a few of the trimmings. Nice flavour. Cost about a fiver. My guess is though that the fillings are not prepared on site and you can tell (hope I am not wrong on this - if I am then they need a bit more oomph)

The inside is nice with a choice of takeout or sit down. I went for the sit down and made the right choice. Ate 1/3rd of the burrito with a wooden knife and fork which wasn't that easy, so given my appetite decided that the other 2/3rd's needed a more manly approach. Much easier but a lot of juices running down fingers which I guess is why it turns fairy soggy. Maybe the Mission could try for a thicker filling??

As an alternative to Mac's, Burger King and Subway this place is miles ahead but as an authentic taquerias (I am not that clever and looked it up on there website) I am not so sure.

I will eat here again but only because my office is 200 metres away.

MissionBurrito, Owner at Mission Burrito, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Firstly, thanks for the visit, we appreciate it. We'll take on board your feedback and see if we can't inject a little more oomph in our staff in terms of enthusiasm. On the food side we buy in our flour tortillas and tortilla chips but everything else is made from scratch every day. If you need ooomph we suggest you try the chipotle salsa and if that doesn't give your burrito a sufficent kick then upgrade to our habanero. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

What a soggy disappointment. We tried Mission Burrito after it opened, and asked the staff what to pick. My boyfriend loves spice, but the guy behind the counter told him to go for the medium spice as it would be way too hot otherwise. We both had the same pulled pork burritos with medium sauce and salad... well, what a wash out! I couldn't taste the meat, or the sauce.. everything was one big bland mush! We couldn't get out of there fast enough. The imported beers are ridiculously over priced as well.

MissionBurrito, Owner at Mission Burrito, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for choosing to visit us. We're really disappointed you didn't enjoy your burritos and were given the wrong advice on the salsa to suit your spice preference. If we understand your post correctly it relates to a visit soon after we opened and we hope the reviews from recent visits reflect improved service at Mission Burrito. While stocking some of the less widely available Mexican beers like Pacifico Clara and Modelo Especial we've tried to keep the price low and our prices for bottled beer are generally lower than the other restaurants on Park Street but we take your comments on board. We'll use your feedback to try and improve what we do, we're really, really crushed that you didn't rate the Carnitas as its our favourite and it should have blown you away. Thanks again for the visit and the feedback.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Made the mistake of going here for a 'light' lunch - the biggest tastiest burrito I've ever had! Washed down with a Corona! Only trouble is we had 3hrs shopping left to do and I could barely move after eating it!! :)
We will be back! :)

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We had a takeaway from here last week (order online - really simple and pick up when you want), and this was my first Mission Burrito experience. It was really tasty and huge! We went back a couple of nights later and sat in, I had the steak burrito this time which was just as tasty as my previous one (chicken). The restaurant was quite quiet so a bit lacking in atmosphere but for a quick, filling dinner, I think this place takes some beating!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I'm not Mexican, but I have eaten burritos in both San Francisco and in Mexico, and to me the burritos here have that authentic Mexican taste. Cheap too, a large steak burrito and soft drink was just over seven pounds. The burrito really filled me up and was absolutely delicious.
Its not really a restaurant, more a takeaway with tables, but none the worse for that, kind of like a Mexican Subway, but spotlessly clean. The staff were great, helpful and friendly. In fact everything was good!