“A pleasant accidental visit”
Review of Arnolfini

Arnolfini
Ranked #57 of 212 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: In a fantastic waterside location at the heart of Bristol's harbourside, Arnolfini is one of Europe's leading centres for the contemporary arts, presenting innovative, experimental work in the visual arts, performance, dance, film, music and events, accompanied by a programme of educational activities. Sitting on the quayside with a drink on a summer evening is a quintessentially Bristol experience. Arnolfini's cafe bar serves a menu of fresh, locally sourced food and fairtrade tea and coffee.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I dont normally do galleries or museams but i really liked what was happening at the Arnolfini, i shall be checking it out again perhaps a convert lol

2  Thank Warphi

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Like all galleries, your experience of this place is largely governed by the work on view. As a venue it can be a bit souless and as the work on show is generally abstract, sometimes its hard to come away with anything meaningful from the experience. However, persistence pays off and you will find over time that something strikes a chord and personally, I would never go to Bristol without visiting the one place where I know I can occasionally discover work of real significance.
The bookshop and library are excellent and well worth a visit but the cafe is nothing to write home about.

3  Thank Malcolm P
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've always enjoyed the art and exhibits at the Arnolfini but last Friday's dinner and women's comedy night was a mixed pleasure. The place was throbbing with women, almost a full house, incredibly noisy and we couldn't hear each other speak in the cafe. It had been quiet when we arrived and ordered simple tapas food at around 6.45. The food still hadn't arrived an hour later and one of our party queried the waitress. She brought free olives and a bit of bread at 7.45 and we had to gobble our food when it arrived 5 minutes later, and then rush into the show. The seats were really uncomfortable but we all pretty much enjoyed the event. I'm sorry to say I had a bad stomach the day after, not sure why but all in all the 'dining experience' left quite a lot of room for improvement. I mean, how long does it take to stick some salami on a plate. And the advertised 'pickles' were a quarter of artichoke in olive oil. strange...

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed May 19, 2012

good environment of art and design, with a lot of regular exhibitions which fill up my lives of colours

2  Thank dorothylei
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Very good place...good environment,mell's art and culture inside :) and the coffee is very good

1  Thank Carla S