“Okay”

Bristol Zoo Gardens
Ranked #14 of 193 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: At Bristol Zoo Gardens you can enjoy an amazing world of animals, all within our award-winning 12 acre gardens. With over 400 species and 9 animals houses under cover, you'll enjoy your visit whatever the weather. We suggest you allow 2-5 hours for your visit to really take in everything we have to offer.By visiting Bristol Zoo you will be directly contributing to the conservation of endangered species and habitats.
Bristol, United Kingdom
249 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 261 helpful votes
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I visited with my niece with free tickets that we were given. I think if I'd have shelled out I'd have been disappointed.

The lions seemed to be in a very small cage for their size. My niece loved the seals and I thought the gorillas were amazing. There were a few empty cages though which was a shame. It was alright for a short day trip on a free pass, but my niece got "bored" around lunchtime so I'm glad I didn't pay!

Visited August 2014

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fab day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We loved this zoo, very small but very attractive, beautiful gardens and the butterfly house has to be one of the nicest in england.. We didnt buy food as we took a picnic but prices didnt look too bad from where we were.. We saw all the animals and loved the gorillas.. I recommend making your own gorilla video.. Great fun

Visited August 2014
1 Thank nat2531
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely superb really fun day visited with our daughters 2 and 4 year old, Lots to do, well run, only tip take a picnic.. Food wasn't that great! Well worth the entry fee would definitely go back!

2 Thank Pauley
Walenstadt, Switzerland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Hardly any 'big animals ' , only one place open to get overpriced food , mainly concentrated on small insects, fish And birds (I could have seen more in my garden ) . Very dissapointed . Would not recommend to anybody .

2 Thank hannah j
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great day out. Good for membership”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Had a great day out at Bristol zoo. Really close to my house so my wife is a member and goes regularly with her friends as a good place to meet and have a day out with kids.
Lots of attractions and really good on a warm day for something for kids to do.
Great that guests of members get s discount too.