“Zoo brilliant but cafe....”

Bristol Zoo Gardens
Ranked #13 of 211 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: At Bristol Zoo Gardens you can enjoy an amazing world of animals, all within our award-winning 12 acre gardens. With over 400 species and 9 animals houses under cover, you'll enjoy your visit whatever the weather. We suggest you allow 2-5 hours for your visit to really take in everything we have to offer.By visiting Bristol Zoo you will be directly contributing to the conservation of endangered species and habitats.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I am a member at the Zoo and we love it. It is however a great shame about the cafe. The staff are great and very helpful but yesterday I went with my friend and we both had our two year olds with us. I bought one bag hula hoops, 2 innocent smoothies, 1 chocolate brownie and one round ham sandwich and it came to a staggering £12.60! I can't helping thinking that over £4 for a sandwich that had to be replaced(dried out bread) is too much! My friend's bap was dry too. They very kindly gave us some cakes while we were waiting for replacements but I think the cafe management needs to think about the pricing and value. It was very disappointing.

1  Thank 1962Pineapple
There are newer reviews for Bristol Zoo Gardens

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I went there with my son who mostly want to sitting in front of the computer. We hardly could leave, he enjoyed. Lovely animals, top predators, egzotic atmosphere.
Nice

1  Thank Gabor_Nemeti
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We went to Bristol Zoo on my hen weekend dressed up as animals and wanted to do something different. It was a freezing day but we were made to feel very welcome and the group booking rate was such a good price. We managed to get around everything that we wanted to do and to have photos taken with our favourite animals that we dressed as! Very enjoyable and would recommend it to anybody :-)

1  Thank kelly_wilkins28
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Maybe it was the time of day (afternoon visit) or maybe the season but the zoo seemed quiet and there wasn't much going on. Previous visits during the summer & morning have been much better. Highlights were definitely the lions and the gorillas, biggest disappointment were the penguins who almost seemed unhappy (maybe due to the mild winter we're having). However, my 3 year old son really enjoyed the visit, especially the reptile house, so much so he insisted on coming home with one of the snakes (soft toy of course).

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm a member went on Friday wasn't sure about renewing. But defiantly will, would recommend for a good day out. I would recommend membership good way to pass a few hours. Even of raining there is some good indoor and sheltered areas. Gorilla house is top class