“Not that great”

Bristol Zoo Gardens
Ranked #13 of 212 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: At Bristol Zoo Gardens you can enjoy an amazing world of animals, all within our award-winning 12 acre gardens. With over 400 species and 9 animals houses under cover, you'll enjoy your visit whatever the weather. We suggest you allow 2-5 hours for your visit to really take in everything we have to offer.By visiting Bristol Zoo you will be directly contributing to the conservation of endangered species and habitats.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I absolutely love going to Zoos and was dead excited to visit.

It's okay. There were loads of animals (as you'd expect) but they all seemed very cooped up. There were various bits of information dotted around about the animals, and there are a few places to eat there.

We didn't stay very long, I'd recently been to Yorkshire Wildlife park, so all the enclosures in the zoo felt really small. I was probably comparing too much, but I wasn't impressed.

1  Thank CharlieCupcake21

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I absolutely love visiting Bristol Zoo Gardens! It is a relatively small zoo, but there is so much packed into it that you need a full day to see everything. The animals all seem super happy and very well cared for. The staff are friendly.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

After Christmas my fiance, me and my little brother went to visit the zoo. I do love a zoo and we hadnt tried this one. It was a nice surprise. Although it is quite small it is set up well and there is quite alot to see.
The gorilla enclosure is really good, alot of it is glass and they can walk above you.
Dont expect something like Longleat when visiting but for a town zoo it is really good.
We enjoyed a lovely afternoon there and would recommend a visit.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went to Bristol Zoo with our 11 year old daughter and 5 year old grandaughter. It is quite expensive to get in and we paid £41.63 for 2 adults and a child. Our daughter and grandaughter didn't pay as I had bought them an annual pass for my grandaughter's birthday at a cost of £81.40 for one adult and a child. We could have saved 10% if we had bought our tickets on line. We all loved the zoo, particularly the red pandas and monkeys. The zoo has been working hard to move their larger animals, but still has lions which I am not overly comfortable with. There was also lots to do related to conservation, which was good for the children. There is a zip wire across the top of some enclosures and our 11 year old loved this - her main reason for returning regularly! If you are visiting the area, then visit this zoo. It is set in beautiful grounds and the animals seem well cared for.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Visited with my boyfriend and must say we had a great day out! There was plenty of animals to see and was impressed with how close up we got to them! The monkeys and the lions were great to see and also really enjoyed the amphibian house! Only slight disappointment was the selection of 'quick' snacks available, wasn't very many to choose from in the cafe we found but we survived! Would definitely visit again and a very memorable day out!