“An excellent day out, as always!”

Bristol Zoo Gardens
Ranked #13 of 212 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: At Bristol Zoo Gardens you can enjoy an amazing world of animals, all within our award-winning 12 acre gardens. With over 400 species and 9 animals houses under cover, you'll enjoy your visit whatever the weather. We suggest you allow 2-5 hours for your visit to really take in everything we have to offer.By visiting Bristol Zoo you will be directly contributing to the conservation of endangered species and habitats.
Reviewed October 25, 2011

A brilliant day out! The zoo has some amazing animals, both large and small, and is a real inspiration for conservation and environmentalism.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Loved watching the lion being fed and the butterly area is fascinating. A great day out.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

I am surprised that people said that the zoo was expensive , I found it very reasonable compared to lots of others plus if you get a leaflet before you can use the free child voucher. We visited at half term and the car parks were full but we had no trouble parking for free nearby. There are loads of things to do and the boys completed a free halloween themed creepy animal quiz with a small prize. I thought the animal cages were cleverly designed to maximise viewing of the animals ,without disturbing them. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn,t stroke the okapi as I had when visiting as a child many years ago, though I am sure the okapi was pleased. I enjoyed the walk through butterfly enclosure as well as many other animals, but I was most impressed by the Coast penguin and seal section not only was the outside space fabulous but seeing the animals swim overhead looking for fish was briliant, better than many specialist exhorbitantly priced aquariums I have visited in the past. There is so much to do I imagine you could spend most of the day there if you took a picnic as with all zoos, food tends to be more expensive and not very inspired. There was also a zooropia experience for older children , that I would think would be good for seaon ticket holders as it was a bit expensive, as everyone had to be accompanied for safety.
I would definitely reccommend it for all ages, plus the staff were friendly and had a good knowledge of the animals .

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We have been here before a few times and we always enjoy it. We did notice that there were a few empty exhibits this time. The gorillas are always impressive!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

was a toss up between here and botanic gardens as chose zoo as had WOW gorilla exhibition. Glad we did, despite queue to get in and lots of road works in Bristol. Great to see all the art work of 60 life size gorilla sculptures.
Also of course there were the animals and not least the Gorillas. Didnt like seeing them in their indoor pens but they had access to get outside and when we return to see them later they were out and having a great time. Other animals of note pygpy hippos, okapi, tapirs. The penguin and seal facility is amazing