“Absolute con!”
Review of Bristol Balloons

Bristol Balloons
More attraction details
Owner description: Bristol's longest established balloon flight operator. A small family owned business, operating usually from the Ashton Court Estate. Flights afford a magnificent view of the city (depending upon the wind direction), possibly flying past The Suspension Bridge, SS Great Britain and the city docks and central area. Morning, Weekday and Weekend flight voucher options are available, plus flights from the annual Bristol International Balloon Fiesta. NB: Balloon Flight times do vary due to changing daylight hours. 'Hours' given on this listing are 'office hours' excluding public holidays.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Purchased vouchers for balloon fiesta. No choice but to buy non-refundable. Flight was cancelled. Have tried to rebook numerous times but have been cancelled. Not only is this disheartening. You simply cannot plan around it as you are only given a few hours notice.

I am sure that for those who are fortunate to get to fly it is something to behold however if you don't and you have a life, it is extremely difficult to find a slot convenient for you. The t&c's are unfair and you are basically relying on luck. Not only this if you don't fly in a year you lose your money and you cannot use at next balloon fiesta. £300 down the pan.

It is a CON. Unless you don't mind losing a lot of money and have lots of free time to wait for weather that is no stronger than a fart, Do not bother. By them time you get to fly you will be fed up. And I have written to Nic Amor the director who likes to sit on your money whilst you get nothing in return. I hope this makes all people with more sense than money to reconsider before booking. You have been warned.

10  Thank Sf2222

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went with my partner at the end of their flying season, and flew from Victoria Park Bath back towards Bristol, and in the air for about an hour.
The weather was ideal and we had fabulous views throughout the trip.
The landing was very soft, and we felt safe throughout the trip, and we were well looked after by the pilot and the ground crew.
Would love to go again!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am writing this approx a year after my wife and I took a trip with Bristol Balloons. The delay is becasue of a gentle reminder from my wife to do it, I think she is hinting at a second trip?
The morning trip was a delight with sun rising a gentle breeze and a trip over Bristols sites, we landed in the middle of a local golf course much to a golfers dismay!
Certainly worth another trip soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Flying from Royal Victoria Park in Bath with Bath Balloons, a trip of a life time and everything that I expected it to be. Our skilled pilot Mike was very thorough and clear with the safety briefing and explained what was going on and where we were flying. We flew across the city and following champagne, taking an in flight photo of me and fellow passengers, we had the most amazing landing in a field near Frome. An amazinfg experience and I would recomend it to any one.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

It was two years in the planning but well worth the wait. The feeling of soaring above such beautiful surroundings is priceless. I would recommend that if possible you book and pay for the flight during your trip. As I visit the UK often, it wasn't such a problem for me but a one-off visit may result in disappointment. I believe that for an extra fee you can purchase a refundable ticket so if your flight doesn't happen (because of bad weather) then you will get a refund. Would make a wonderful gift for a special person in your life!