TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Bristol
from $31.73
from $20.47
from $178.26
from $15.65
1,748 results
All reviews science museum all ages indoor picnic area animation section human body hands on activities gift aid interactive exhibits half term millennium square rainy day children and adults great for kids we spent hours packed lunch school trip great family day
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was curious! It all sounds so good so I continued despite being surprised at the price. I thought that at least I got £2 of vouchers I can use in the cafe later.

There's lots of little desks around with handles to turn to demonstrate scientific effects etc. But it really is for kids. It's educational for them but lacks the depth to be of interest to this adult. I really didn't get much out of it at all. From memory £16, and I could of walked round and been out in about 30 mins.

On a plus note the toilets were spacious and clean.

Oh, that £2 voucher for the cafe? When a can of coke is £2.20 they didn't go far!

1  Thank gappygrin
WeTheCurious, Public Relations Manager at We The Curious, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hey there,

Thanks for your feedback, it has been logged in our database.
With regards to it, change is coming! A new suite of exhibits are opening in 2020, which will be suited for a more mature audience, so stay tuned :)

All the best,
Ginny

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Being an older person I was amazed at how interesting this place is . Plenty of hands on for the kids. good variety of things in the excellent shop. Don't like the name of the place it means absolutely nothing to me.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lots of things for kids to do yes, but I notcied it's very run down. Around the water displays there are mouldy carpets, some exhibits had bits missing or were broken. I mainly went for the planetarium and was horrified at the size of the seats! They are so tiny with high, immovable arms. My husband is only a 32" waist and very slim and even he just barely fit. I am bigger and spent a really uncomfortable 30 minutes in here. They do evening adult shows which last an hour so don't go if you're any bigger than a size 10 in all seriousness. I was left with a bad back as were several others in there.

1  Thank ladymisswolfe

Hey there, thanks for leaving us some feedback - it has been logged and will be passed on to the relevant people.

All the best, Ginny

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came here in early September with our 2 ½ year old daughter. We were hopeful that there might be a few activities suitable for younger children, but we were pleasantly surprised at just how much there really was to do! Another big plus was the picnic area; a nice touch which allows you to save a little money, while still enjoying a great family day out. Thoroughly enjoyed by all.

Date of experience: September 2019

Great to hear! Thanks for leaving us some kind words Luke :)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Good variety to meet everyone's need and keep kids entertained
Lush food and especially bubblegum ice cream