“Informative”

We The Curious
Ranked #5 of 214 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We The Curious was previously known as At-Bristol Science Centre; an educational charity with an aim to “make science accessible to all”, it opened in 2000, and welcomed over 5 million visitors in the past 17 years. At-Bristol relaunched as We The Curious in September 2017, with a new vision that is committed to creating a culture of curiosity. We The Curious is an idea and a place for everyone. Our venue on Bristol’s harbourside is a bit like an indoor festival, with all sorts of different experiences, where you can interact with exhibits, test stuff out and participate rather than just visit. We’re all about empowering everyone to ask questions and get creative - with boundaries removed between science, art, people and ideas - a culture of curiosity.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Though it seems primarily aimed at kids, my partner and I still had a really nice day here going round and increasing our knowledge.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,428)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had great fun all day, spent nearly 6 hours in there with 2 kids (9&5). Lots of interactive activities but would imagine that on a cold wet day it would be quite busy. We were lucky enough to pick a warm bank holiday, which although busy was enjoyable.

Staff plentiful & knowledgeable. Toilets on both floors.

Make use of the lockers to store coats & bags. £1 returnable.

Only negative for the day was the cafe for lunch, which we found expensive £28 for 4 of us, however there was a lot of it & it was delicious! For those wanting the bring there own there is a large indoor picnic area available with tables.

1  Thank ClearyClan
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great to spend the day there ,Son has a great time lots to do so no chance of getting bored ,we go quite a bit in the spring

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Came with a friend and our children, though I think maybe us adults had the best time, we made a short film using the computers, I filmed it on my phone so I could show my friends, I still find it hysterical even now, definitely a worthy day out, so much to do and if I'm ever in the area again I will surely visit again

Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you haven't been before and you have a child who is curious then this is a great place for you. The exhibits do change regularly.

I think the time when it becomes a little less engaging for children as a fun activity is probably at about ag 12-13 years old. But then that is possibly because of a lot of the exhibits are school curriculum subjects.

It is really well run, with staff about that can help. The cafe is good for food and snacks. And don't forget to ask about having your company corporate function - we had a brilliant night!