“Thank you Henbury Lodge”

Best Western Henbury Lodge Hotel
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed March 25, 2013

On a very cold day there was a warm welcome to the Henbury Lodge Hotel. The room was most comfortable and after we had been to our social function there was a blazing fire to welcome us in the bar while we had a nightcap.
The following morning we had an excellent breakfast which was served by very attentive staff. When we return in June for another visit to Bristol, i hope that we will be able to stay at the hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Spending most of my time travelling throughout the UK on business it is genuinely fantastic to find a hotel that surpasses my expectations. I stay in a broad range of hotels up to four times a week, ranging from very expensive to Premier Lodge type's and this is by far the best I have stayed in since Hotel Du Vin in York in the middle of last year.
The hotel is a converted manor house with ample car park and lodges down one side. The lobby is clean, warm and tidy and in keeping with the age of the place without in the slightest way looking tatty. All the staff from the chap on reception in the evening to the French lady on reception the following morning were a credit to the hotel, being very friendly and obliging. I was shown to my room(a huge rarity nowadays) which was large, warm and comfortable with modern fixtures. The bathroom was outstanding with a big bath, fantastic shower with lots of water pressure and all modern features. It really brightens my stay when I find a hotel room has a big bath, after going for a 10k run it is great to come back and have a hot bath in a tub that can take my 6'4" frame. One other feature I loved was the bed which had an obviously expensive mattress making for a great sleep. This is a little thing but it is amazing how many hotels fail to even provide you with a comfortable bed.

Breakfast was excellent, one of the best I have had on the road for quite some time. A real highlight for me was the wonderful waitress in the morning who was very friendly and happy to help, again a real credit to the hotel.

WiFi is fast and free which ticked the last of my boxes. I really can not say anything bad about this hotel, I will definitely return next time I am in Bristol and would highly recommend the place to anyone for either business or pleasure.

Well done and keep it up!

Room Tip: I had room number seven, fully recommend it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fantastic weekend with locally sourced breakfast and a fabulous bathroom suite. Bed was really comfy, both of us sleeping like logs. Slight odour in room 16 the only down side. Staff were fantastic especially the young lady who served at breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andrew e
Reviewed February 26, 2013

For a three night B&B break last weekend, this hotel was outstanding. Friendly and helpful owner and staff; big bedroom with controllable warmth; fantastic breakfasts and an equally good dinner menu and service; very well placed, not far from M5 and M4, Clifton, city centre, Tyntesfield, and surrounding countryside; and a short walk from a large country park. We couldn't fault it, and would recommend it to anyone, without reserve. This kind of family-run hotel deserves to succeed, and is a credit to BW's policy of promoting individual places rather than identical motels.

Room Tip: just be aware that rooms at the front face two fairly busy roads, so there is some traffic noise
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We liked everything about this hotel during our two night stay. The hotel gives the impression of having had careful thought put into it's design, services and atmosphere. We felt at home and have recommended Henbury Lodge to friends. We intend to make a return visit.

An added bonus was the bus stop close by - we could leave the car at the hotel - no parking hassles in Bristol.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was in the same group as Lesley54Chesterfield attending a wedding in early February. My wife and I stayed for 2 nights and we found the service to be excellent. What lets down this hotel slighltly is the decor of the rooms. Whilst I believe there has been a recent refurbishment (I estimate about 2 years ago), the decor in the rooms is disappointing. The furniture is not coordinated and appears to be left over pieces from pre-refurbishment days. I may be wrong here and am probably a little overly harsh but then we had just come directly from Hotel Canal Grande, Venice which is an excellent little hotel. Also, the bathroom has a timer for the lights and it will go off leaving you in pitch darkness when you are having a shower. Waving your arms inside the shower doesnt help and you must actually step out of the shower and wave your arms to turn the light on again. A little disconcerting to say the least. Otherwise, we found the restuarant to be good and the service staff friendly and helpful which is a big plus point. Location wise, it is outside of Bristol City and this must be taken into consideration if you are thinking of staying here.

All in all we had a good stay but feel a little let down because with appropriate decor and furniture in the rooms, this can be a much nicer place.

Pros:
Excellent service
Modern bathroom
Excellent breakfast

Cons:
Room decor could be improved
Timer for the light in the bathroom should be deactivated

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Henbury Lodge Hotel for two nights in February to attend a wedding. The staff were efficient, helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to check and make sure everything was to my liking. We had a family dinner on the first evening with over 20 guests and the food and service was excellent. Breakfast was to the same high standard with plenty of choice. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated with a very comfortable bed. Extra tea/coffee etc was provided immediately on request. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in and I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo