“Pleasant stay in Bristol”

Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel as a modest car park which was full on arrival. Luckily a space became available as I checked in. Checking was swift and pleasant. Room clean and modern. Very small window opening so not a great deal in the way of fresh air. I turned the air con off but could still hear it. Great location and reasonably quite especially for a busy city centre. Would recommend for business or pleasure.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Jigroll,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted you found the hotel to be to your liking and the amenities and location ideal for your time in the area. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the Bristol area.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were with a coach party staying for one night on the 8th of June.The Hotel is very centrally placed for many of Bristol's activities. Within minutes of arriving we had our room key from a very helpful lady and accessed our room.
The room was very clean with a large bed and had everything we needed for an overnight stay. The tv was an Apple computer which also provided a high quality tv picture. All the major channels were available. The bathroom, although small, has everything you could need including complimentary toiletries.
We had an evening meal and a breakfast included and the food was excellent. Although they were Buffet style meals served by the chef, any staff available wanted to help serve less mobile customers and did it with a smile on their faces. I was particularly impressed with the staff's attitude.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wagmanWorcestershire
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear wagmanWorcestershire,

I am delighted to read you found your stay with us to be so pleasant and our food offering to be to your liking. I will ensure you comments regarding the attentive service received are passed on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Bristol area.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Me and my friend decided to take a break a visit Bristol for a weekend.As we stayed at Hilton hotels many times we had no hesitation where to stay.

Good things first:
- excellent location
- reasonable price
- great breakfast
- room service quick with very tasty food.

Not that good:
As the staff are particulary friendly and helpful we found the lady on the check in quite rude (I think she was polish).After breakfast we went to ask if late check out is possible, she answer us " yeah I need you to charge for that tho" and didn't even ask for how long we needed to stay.

Apple Mac's are nice perk once is worked, what is not quite case. Mouse and keyboard wasn't working correctly so we used our own.

As someone previously mentioned the beds are quite hard.For a first time I had really bad sleep at Hilton due to very hard mattress.we woke up more tired as we went to bed.

Air-con not functioning properly.

Bathroom not very clean

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Lukas K,

I am extremely disappointed to read that you found my reception team to be rude and unhelpful, contrary to many of our guest’s comments.

I am disappointed we did not get to resolve you issues prior to you leaving by you relaying your comments to a member of my management team who would have been able to look in to the concerns raised immediately though I would be delighted if you would contact me directly to advise on further details of your stay to ensure I can address the manner appropriately with those involved.

I look forward to hearing from you in near future.

Kevin Byrnes.
kevin.byrnes@hilton.com

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Apple Mac's in the room, a small gym room and the hotel is situated in a central location The hotel is situated within walking distance from the main shopping area & clubs...what more could you possibly want?
The is no swimming pool which is probably the only negative thing I can say about the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Pepsi-Josh,

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read you found you stay at our relatively new brand in the UK to be excellent and that it leaves you eager to experience more Hilton brands in the future.

I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Bristol area.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Rooms are on the smallish side, but the quality is excellent. Clean, modern, very comfortable, free WIFI and Apple TV and computer included. Bar/restaurant downstairs is very nice, staff is helpful and friendly. Great location in a quiet neighborhood just a few blocks from the big mall downtown. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Reg S,

I am delighted you found your stay to be so positive and our services, team and location to be ideal for your time visiting our city.

I will pass your kind comments on to our team and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the hilton twice this month on business and whilst the first visit was quite in eventful they did charge me for a large glass of wine (£6.50ish) when I only had a small (£3.75) although it's not a lot of money it's the principle and I wonder if they try it on with everyone. The second time was not so good. The wifi didn't work, and I needed it to work in the evening so I was offered to move rooms, I did explain to the receptionist that I had room service coming so id like to eat and then move. She still insisted on coming up and moving me, and at the Same time the food arrived mid move. This meant it was cold by the time I came to eat it. The chicken burger was very chargrilled and didn't taste of anything but charcoal. They did refund my dinner in the morning which was a good gesture. It's a lovely looking and clean hotel (although very small rooms and bathrooms) and it could be lovely but they just seem to be missing something.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Krb88,

I am delighted to see that overall our hotel meets your needs, though I am disappointed you experienced problems with the hotels wifi during your time with us. Wifi is a key requirement for our business guests and the system was upgraded in the early half of the year to provide enhanced service, though on rare occasions there are challenges with certain devices accessing the network which can be rectified easily by contacting the support number or moving room.

Thank you for your comments regarding the service failures in the food and beverage outlets and internal communication about your room move as this allows us the opportunity to learn from our errors and correct through training those concerned. Should any issues occur in future we have managers on shift at all times who would be delighted to discuss any aspect of your stay, allowing us to correct the situation and understand who in our team caused these occasions and rectify immediately.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area and should you have any further concerns or queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

kevin.byrnes@hilton.com

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We enjoyed our very last minute stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Really close to the city centre. The hotel car park was full though and we had to park elsewhere which was annoying! But overall we enjoyed our stay here, the room was perfect, great modern facilities and all for a reasonable price with no complaints!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Lwsy1920,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and would highly recommend us. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the Bristol area.