“really great stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed it, great location, clean, comfy and perfect for what we were looking for. Would definitely recommend to others looking for a centrally located, affordable hotel in Birstol.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here on NYE 2012. Had a great experience, when we checked in an hour early our room was ready. Even better we learnt that since it was new year check out was 2pm and breakfast was served until 1pm. We had a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the park, lovely and quiet. The room was clean and functional, all we needed for a night's stay! There was an empty fridge to store drinks etc. Breakfast was great, with bucks fizz available to toast the new year! I enjoyed fresh fruit and a full english breakfast, with good quality sausage and bacon. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend for a stay in the city. Also brilliant location 5 mins from train station and 10-15 mins walk to shops! Beds and pillows were so comfy!

Room Tip: If possible go for a room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel on NYE 2012 and were not dissapointed. We could not get a parking space but found one on the road nearby. The hotel was very well presented, smart and clean. Check in was quick and efficient. The room (twin) was lovely, again very clean and very well equipped - I was particulalry impressed with the apple tv!! Bathroom very smart and clean with a good powerful shower and lovely large fluffy white bath towels. We were pleasantly surprised that due to it being new year, breakfast had been extended to 1pm and checkout to 2pm which was great. The breakfast was very good, we ordered off the menu and the food came very quickly. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very well located, friendly staff, good rooms but a bit on the small side, great breakfast with excellent service, and handy for folksy pubs and other places to eat in the city! It is also easy to park there because it has its own car park.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed just one night in this hotel and have no complaints, it is in a good location for both Temple Meads station and the shopping area, check in was quick and friendly and the room clean, spacious and comfortable.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked a double for sole room for my friend who is going to visit England in the coming Jan on Booking.com. Picked the advance purchase rate which is quite good offer, unfortunately I made a little mistake of the booking- was supposed to choose the double bed room/not a twin beds room. The prices of both room types are exactly the same on Booking.com. Due to it's a booking based on advance purchase rate, I can’t amend it under my account myself. Reasonably, I thought I could ring the hotel directly to ask this little tiny favour. However, the girl (India Accent) in front desk kept persuades me to ring Booking.com directly and then she just hanged up the phone without waiting for me to finish the conversation!!!!!! How a staff under HILTON brand can do things like that?!!!!! I have been traveling a lot and stayed in all sort of hotels and never met experience like that, plus that was a tiny favour! I didn’t expect to cancel the booking!! I tired to ring back again and spoke to a girl in the reservation the second time, luckily not all the staffs are with non-customer service sense. She kindly sorted all the problems for me and sent me another booking confirmation letter! What I would like to say is, if you really want to provide guests a good stay, please watch how your staff talk to us, please!! I made the first phone call at around 8:20pm , 27th Dec 2012.

2  Thank Maggie_Chen1987
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went to Bristol for a Christmas shopping weekend and had booked a stay at this hotel since it was close to the Bristol Temple Meads Railway Station and what else we might need during the weekend. It did turn out that the area around the hotel has several budget chain hotels, office buildings and university buildings. Not the most exciting area during the weekend. But luckily the city centre and old town as well as several malls and Christmas markets were within fair walking distance from the hotel.

The hotel itself was quite nice and very well lit. We felt very welcome upon entering the hotel and had no problems finding our way. Our room was on the 4th floor and although it was quite small, with a small bathroom as well, we got by quite well during our stay.

It was nice to have free Wi-Fi and even an iMac which didn't just serve as the rooms TV and radio but also made it possible to surf the web and even watch movies on Netflix. Nice.

The room also had a small fridge, perfect for keeping our store bought breakfast items and drinks cold.

We found the room clean and the surroundings were fairly quiet. The view from our room was also pretty nice as well.

We had a nice time at this hotel, and in the city, and would consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple