“One night stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Downlands House

Downlands House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Downlands House
Ranked #21 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“One night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very very comfortable, relaxing, warm, clean, friendly. I arrived having being on a work course all day and to which I was going back the next day. I was greeted kindly, helped to my room, given some advice I needed about local issues and just immediately felt looked after! I have stayed in most of the hotels in the Clifton area, this is the best nights sleep and the most comfortable night I have had! Thank you

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Scot in Holland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Lovely warm, welcoming, clean, comfortable place to stay. The owners are really really nice.
Will definately stay again if visiting the area. I had a wondeful room right at the top of the house with velux window, so was really nice to sleep under the stars.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed for one night to visit Casamia restaurant (which is less than a 5 minute drive away). When we arrived we had been stuck in traffic for a long time and we arrived at Downlands the same time as our reservation at the restaurant. We couldn't get a taxi quickly so the owner asked her friend who was visiting her to drive us there so we wouldn't be late- this was definitely going the extra mile and was very much appreciated! The room and bathroom was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble, we would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Central America
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed in Downlands House over a year ago and didn't get around to posting a review, but it stayed in my mind because I'd definitely recommend it. It was very clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful, particularly the owner, Patricia. As a woman travelling alone, it was important to me to feel relaxed and at ease, and I certainly did feel that here. I wouldn't hesitate to return, in fact if I did return to Bristol I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ItsALongJourney
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Enjoyed my time in Downlands & would highly recommend it to others looking for a well run & homely guest house convenient for city centre & business locations. Very friendly & relaxing. Bedroom was very clean c/w desk that I used a great deal & constant supply of tea & biscuits. Excellent shower unit & choice of breakfast fare. The bed mattress was very comfortable & always got a very good night's sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My daughter and I shared a beautifully furnished, en-suite twin room at Downlands House overnight, Monday 1st April 2013. Our hosts were charming and welcomed us very warmly. The hotel is beautifully furnished and maintained and sooo peaceful! I found it very hard to believe that we were within walking distance of one of the main commuter routes into Bristol City Centre, but you would never have known! We took breakfast in the conservatory,overlooking the delightful courtyard garden. and it was delicious! Freshly prepared, with a very good choice on the menu. The shops, cafes and restaurants on nearby Henleaze Road are also within a minutes walk. I am looking forward to returning already! Most highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this guest house for 2 nights whilst on a visit to my sister-in-law and we were very impressed. On arrival Patricia the owner was very welcoming and the room on the first floor was indeed very good. The sheets were lovely white crisp cotton and everything was clean and the room very comfortable. The breakfast was also very good and the cooked breakfast cooked to order and not left on a warming plate. There was also fruit juice, a choice of cereal with tea or coffee and toast. The en suite was a little on the small side but very clean with lovely white fluffy towels and even though on the small side was indeed adequate. There was also a good amount of tea and coffee in the room. Would we stay again - definitely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple