“One night stay”
Review of Downlands House

Downlands House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Downlands House
Ranked #11 of 49 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed for one night to visit Casamia restaurant (which is less than a 5 minute drive away). When we arrived we had been stuck in traffic for a long time and we arrived at Downlands the same time as our reservation at the restaurant. We couldn't get a taxi quickly so the owner asked her friend who was visiting her to drive us there so we wouldn't be late- this was definitely going the extra mile and was very much appreciated! The room and bathroom was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble, we would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed in Downlands House over a year ago and didn't get around to posting a review, but it stayed in my mind because I'd definitely recommend it. It was very clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful, particularly the owner, Patricia. As a woman travelling alone, it was important to me to feel relaxed and at ease, and I certainly did feel that here. I wouldn't hesitate to return, in fact if I did return to Bristol I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ItsALongJourney
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Enjoyed my time in Downlands & would highly recommend it to others looking for a well run & homely guest house convenient for city centre & business locations. Very friendly & relaxing. Bedroom was very clean c/w desk that I used a great deal & constant supply of tea & biscuits. Excellent shower unit & choice of breakfast fare. The bed mattress was very comfortable & always got a very good night's sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My daughter and I shared a beautifully furnished, en-suite twin room at Downlands House overnight, Monday 1st April 2013. Our hosts were charming and welcomed us very warmly. The hotel is beautifully furnished and maintained and sooo peaceful! I found it very hard to believe that we were within walking distance of one of the main commuter routes into Bristol City Centre, but you would never have known! We took breakfast in the conservatory,overlooking the delightful courtyard garden. and it was delicious! Freshly prepared, with a very good choice on the menu. The shops, cafes and restaurants on nearby Henleaze Road are also within a minutes walk. I am looking forward to returning already! Most highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this guest house for 2 nights whilst on a visit to my sister-in-law and we were very impressed. On arrival Patricia the owner was very welcoming and the room on the first floor was indeed very good. The sheets were lovely white crisp cotton and everything was clean and the room very comfortable. The breakfast was also very good and the cooked breakfast cooked to order and not left on a warming plate. There was also fruit juice, a choice of cereal with tea or coffee and toast. The en suite was a little on the small side but very clean with lovely white fluffy towels and even though on the small side was indeed adequate. There was also a good amount of tea and coffee in the room. Would we stay again - definitely.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gwendoline030645
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My mother and I stayed at Downlands recently whilst visiting my daughter who lives in Bristol. We had a twin room on the first floor. Everything was perfect, the welcome, the bedding, the room, the lovely sitting room and breakfast in the conservatory overlooking the beautiful courtyard garden. I'm a vegan and many B&B's struggle with the concept of providing a good breakfast but Patricia served a lovely, filling breakfast with absolutely no fuss and welcomed my daughter who arrived to meet us on the second day whilst we were still having breakfast, offering her a fresh pot of tea and toast. In the past I've travelled a lot with work, staying in small b&bs and large hotels and this one is very much at the top of the list. We managed to part right outside most of the time and within 100 yards on the only occasion we couldn't park in the same street as Downlands. Plenty to do and see in Henleaze and we felt very safe, also only a short drive into Clifton with all its shops etc - although parking can be a bit difficult there and if I were by myself I'd probably have just got the bus. Thank you Patricia for a lovely break.

Room Tip: the first floor twin room we stayed in overlooked the conservatory and garden and was very quiet (I...