“COMFORTABLE STAY IN LOVELY PERIOD B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Westbury Park Guest House
Ranked #26 of 49 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night as we couldn't get a room at the Premier Inn, to be honest we prefer a B&B as its more like a home from home and our weekends away are important to us. When you are spending your hard earned cash you come to expect a good stay.

Karen welcomed us briefly - we were visiting Bristol Balloon Fiesta we thought it would have been good if she could have advised us about bus routes into Bristol, we stayed in Cambridge earlier in the year and the B&B provided a little laminated piece of paper with the bus numbers on. This would have been really helpful after a hot quite long car journey and we had to head out straight away to make the most of the day. We have always been lucky enough to receive local transport knowledge from other B&B owners.

Whilst there were drinks facilities in the room, there were no biscuits (some may say we are being petty but we got back late and it would have been appreciated) I was grateful for a bottle of water though as I don't drink tea or coffee. Also I forgot shampoo so the toiletries supplied were great.

At breakfast the cereal was a very cheap brand, my partner had to leave his as he really didn't enjoy it, only 2 pieces of toast were provided but when we asked for more this was replenished, the bread was good quality and very tasty. I had scrambled egg on toast and I can only say I have never seen scrambled egg like it, I did eat it but only because I was starving. My boyfriends bacon was very thick and hard to get through and his poached egg was overdone and not enjoyable, only orange juice was supplied as an alternative to tea and coffee, on asking a refreshing glass of apple juice was provided by the polite and helpful waitress (it would be better to offer this anyway). Sachets of cheap sauce and salt and pepper are really naff I would expect these in a roadside cafe not a lovely B&B, jars of marmite and mustard were on the main table so whats wrong with HP and Heinz bottles?

The door on our en-suite could do with either adjusting or refixing as it sticks and would have become a real pain in the neck if we had stayed for longer than one night. Also the plug for the sink wasn't attached to anything which would have been easy to fix I'm sure.

To summarise;-

Plus Points
Beautiful property, comfortable nicely decorated clean room with good linen and mini toiletries.
Great location on a good bus route.
Guests give breakfast menu choices the night before, a really good idea we thought.
Parking on the road but no charge which is good in this day and age.
Very well organised breakfast service.
Well presented property.
Friendly owner and staff.

Room for improvement
En-suite door sticks.
Perhaps a small packet of biscuits in the room.
At breakfast - condiments in bottles not sachets, quality of food and drinks choices.
The towels in our room had seen better days.

The property has lots of lovely period features and I had the best sleep I have ever had at a B&B, we have stayed at several B&B's now and suppose we have come to expect a few special touches which we felt were lacking here, perhaps it would be better to charge say an additional £5-10 if necessary to achieve this.

I hate being negative on here but thats what this site is all about, I hope Karen will take note for the future guests I'm sure she will receive. She has a very lovely property that just needs tweaking slightly in places and it will be a 10 out of 10 B&B.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PINKPRINCESS17

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a wonderful stay of eight days and nights. The proprietress (Karen) was most accommodating to our needs and helped with our stay in Bristol. We would recommend the Guest House to all our American friends. Great Room, Fantastic Breakfast, and quiet and relaxing atmosphere.
Owen and Mary Nagel - St. Louis, Mo. USA

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We recently spent 9 nights here. Our room was spacious, well appointed and quiet. We were treated to either a cooked to order English breakfast or an assortment of cereal and fruit each morning in a lovely dining room. Karen is a very friendly and helpful host who obviously puts a great deal of care into her guest house. It was like coming home each night when we returned. It was a real treat staying here.

Room Tip: Our room was on the back of the house. We heard no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank blaireau
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We took our two children to stay here in May 2012, it was a really lovely place to stay. Very handy for central Bristol. Very nice rooms and a great home cooked English breakfast. We will be back.

Room Tip: The top rooms good for families
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

As we had already stayed at this B&B which is very near the Bristol Spire Hospital, I thought a second stay would be a good idea. Wrong. The first time we had a room at the top of the house which had a fairly newly installed shower room. This was clean. The second time we stayed there, we had the ground floor room as I was unable to climb the stairs. What a shock it was. First of all the "shower room" and toilet for this room was so filthy, it looked as though it hadn't been cleaned for months. The floor was eaten away with grime. On top of the radiator, and on top of the skirting boards, was thick with dust, dirt and remains of builders' rubble. I had to clean the toilet myself. I could not have a shower in the cubicle as it was so dirty. The owner was not in residence that night. She had told us that there would be no breakfast the next morning. We didn't appreciate that this meant no breakfast at all, of any description. Not even a bowl of cereal and tea. On checkout, she grudgingly knocked £10 off the bill for the lack of breakfast, but only when we asked her. I cannot believe that this establishment warrants a 4-star rating from the AA, and I tried to leave further feedback on Tripadvisor in January, but the website doesn't allow you to leave another review within three months of your first one. This room was also freezing cold, and portable heaters had to be brought in by a neighbour. Because the owner knew the room was booked, she should have arranged for the heating to be on when we arrived. Apart from the lack of breakfast, my main complaint is the absolutely filthy shower room and toilet. I just don't understand how the owner could have expected anyone to use it in the state it was in.

Room Tip: Until the owner of this B&B has a good clean up, I wouldn't stay there, if I were you. But...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pam_Shapiro_2004
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My wife and I live in Bristol but stayed here for several nights recently while the builders took our house apart and put it back together again. This little gem of a guest house was just like being at home, without the chores. A very friendly welcome from Karen, comfortable room, easy parking, easy atmosphere and perfect breakfast. We are looking for an excuse to revisit. We would thoroughly recomend for both business and leisure visitors.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a double and a single bed
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is the first time I have stayed in Bristol hotel accommodation, being my family home earlier visits have been to home form home or earlier home.
This Guest House which I will let you share just a few photos of is the next best thing to home.
If you want to stay at home do so, if you should need to venture out of your home, this is surely the next best you can get to for the accommodation friendly welcome or for the fine English breakfast table** (see photos later) I can heartily recommend the visit/stay.
For the lost person who doesn't know how to use a tea spoon for his add salt & pepper to his breakfast I could recommend doing a scout camp, or short term in the military or just stay home!

Room Tip: I was in room 1, my three nights were fine slept well & woken up by the lovey smell of English b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family