“Gala guest;good for your money”
Review of Gala Guest House

Gala Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Gala Guest House
Ranked #35 of 52 Bristol B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Gala guest;good for your money”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I got to gala guest house and was very impressed.Firstly,it was easy to locate. The environment looks nice and the rooms were very clean. The new management has really transformed the B&B into something very good. The politeness of the management is also highly commendable. I will definitely recommend gala guest house to anyone, any time. Really good for your money.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I rang Gala and spoke to a man who was very polite on the phone. As we got to Gala we were welcomed and were very impressed by the cleanliness of the whole place. We received such great service from the time we arrived to the time we left. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed when you book with Gala the service you will receive is excellent they even have free Wifi which was so great cause the business my husband and I ran involves us being on the Internet a lot which helped. Gala thanks for your service I can assure you that you will be hearing from us again keep up the good service. Gala under new management.

• Stayed June 2013
Cathays, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I rang Gala Guest House (0117 9653938) not knowing what to expect based on previous reviews but wooow! I was impressed with the services I received from Gala Guest House under the new management. It's completely a brand new B&B. Very professional services were provided. Rooms were clean and tidy. Facilities were all wearing a new look and properly maintained. It's very obvious the new management had done an extensive renovation. I really enjoyed my stay! I recommend them to anyone.

Room Tip: I particularly enjoyed Room 10 because it afforded me the opportunity of appreciating how beautiful...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were greeted by a very polite and helpful man who showed us where the room was and gave us a key. The place obviously hasn't been done up in a while but everything was clean and tidy and they must spend a fortune in air fresheners so for the price, what would you expect! The room was very large and clean and the bathroom was also clean with a bath and shower. There was a kettle (on the floor as the lead was too short but who cares!) and tea and coffee. The toilet had a problem with the cistern but there was a note on it as to how to fix it (just press the button twice and problem solved - easy!). I was more than happy there, the bed was comfortable, it wasn't too far from the centre of town and perfect for a weekend break. The owners left you alone to do your own thing and you have a key to come and go as you please. They were pretty relaxed about when you check in and out. We were too late for breakfast so couldn't comment about that but all in all, I would definitely stay there again. (There's also a fabulous Turkish restaurant just up the road). If you are at all picky and take life too seriously then don't stay there but if you are happy for a cheap and clean room then this place is brilliant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Celesta B
east london
Reviewed March 14, 2010

me and my mates visit bristol carnival every year. we stayed at the alcove first then when they moved to the gala we followed on.
pleasent, polite.clean and very very comfortable.
would not consider anywhere else on the first weekend in july.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank EastLondonClarkie
Bristol
Reviewed December 21, 2007

Simply dreadful. The owner rude and swore at me for not having a cheque book ready to pay up-front. Had I known the state of the rooms I would not have gone back in. The room smelled as if something had died a very unnatural death there several weeks back. Very dirty and excruciatingly cold; shower didn't work and tepid hot water; summer duvets in mid December - I froze. Corridors blocked by mattresses and bags of dirty linen. Missed breakast completely as stopped serving at 8:00am but was not told this. Owner seems to smoke and premises reeked of it. Simply dire - avoid at all costs.

Stayed December 2007
9 Thank liberclavis
UK
Reviewed October 12, 2006

Stayed for one night at the Gala Guest House and did not have an enjoyable stay. From the outside the property looked very run down. I rang the front doorbell and no one answered for approximately 10 minutes and then I was let into the property by another guest. I had to wait another 10 minutes before the owner greeted me after I had rang the doorbell to the dining room as instructed to by the guest. The first words she asked me was how did you get in? No hello or polite greeting!

After being shown to my room (I had to pay upfront before I even saw the room) my first impressions were how scruffy my room looked. I checked the on suite facitlies and they were dirty, hairs in the shower and the toilet pan was dirty.

I checked around the rest of my room and was disgusted with what I found, hairs in the bed and what looked like food debris along the edge of the carpet.

At night all I could hear was the sound of next doors TV which went on till midnight! Then at 5am got woken up by the sound of doors slamming downstairs!!

Breakfast was continental, not what you expect for the price!! When I booked I was told breakfast was included. I expected it to be a choice of a full english breakfast or continental.

I could understand if I had paid next to nothing but for £38 per night I expected a higher standard of cleanliness and service.

• Stayed October 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank D.N.N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel
The Langley Arms Bed & Breakfast
The Langley Arms Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Emersons Green

Been to Gala Guest House? Share your experiences!